• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Interesting Article

that's interesting...i wonder how they think the fish got here in the first place, because they certainly didn't fly!

The story is on PFK webstie too.

Ady34 said:
The story is on PFK webstie too.
Andrew Wiles, prosecuting for the RSPCA, said although none of the animals had died they would have suffered from being posted to customers in boxes.

He told the court: 'Apart from having the label "fragile" on it, it had no information that it contained live animals.

'It was opened and there was some newspaper and some bubble wrap and the terrapins were in a clear plastic bag.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z1qpRqF6jR

Good job they neglected to mention he probably had them posted from the Far East in similar packaging.... :crazy:

The only complaint they can have is that they weren't labelled properly, surely. And oh no, shock horror, how can people possibly transport things in clear plastic bags - that's horrendous! I'm sure none of the hundreds of thousands of fish transported every day go in plastic bags.... :rolleyes:

And since when have and pet protection people treated fish as living creatures?

huh, as said every company operates like than, any fish ive had only come with fragile on the box.

this made me laugh though :lol:
A bit futile, sending a tortoise-like animal through the post. I mean, it would probably get there faster walking, than by post.

This is exactly what is going wrong with this country! It's like living in a dictatorship sometimes. We won't be allowed to do anything soon!

So we should complain to RSPCA and express to them that we think they are idiots. Sometimes they have to justify their existence by for example this...

I can't believe anyone would be stupid enough to think it's ok to send fish through the post! I mean get a grip, they are living creatures not inanimate ornaments :crazy:

sWozzAres said:
I can't believe anyone would be stupid enough to think it's ok to send fish through the post! I mean get a grip, they are living creatures not inanimate ornaments :crazy:

They are only fish :/

They'd be fine anyway - only a few hours & i doubt they even notice it

Although it's obvious how these critters get into the country I've never really been a fan of posting fish but this could well lead to other things.

We know many people send shrimp next day delivery and they travel well. Will those be the next to feel the wrath of the RSPCA banhammer? If so, then plants could well be next on the agenda!

What about the Ebay sellers? I wonder when Ebay will add livestock to their growing list of what's not acceptable to list.

spyder said:
We know many people send shrimp next day delivery and they travel well. Will those be the next to feel the wrath of the RSPCA banhammer? If so, then plants could well be next on the agenda!

RSPCA do animals, not plants :shh:

ianho said:
that's interesting...i wonder how they think the fish got here in the first place, because they certainly didn't fly!
Ever heard of Flying Fish :lol: ;)

yes I am sure most of sellers follow the code and as you said shipping carrier will most likely not.

sWozzAres said:

I doubt uk businesses do either as this 'code' is for internatinal shipping, id like to see the rspca 'code' that allows royal mail delivery of live crab, langoustine, oysters etc for human consumption but not ornamental fish... :crazy:

But RSCPA they are only charity what they can say or order to you? Nothing. DEFRA has authority only. Whole article stinks.

sWozzAres said:
spyder said:

RSPCA do animals, not plants :shh:

Maybe they will start branching out? Subdivision, RSPCP?

easerthegeezer said:
I doubt uk businesses do either as this 'code' is for internatinal shipping, id like to see the rspca 'code' that allows royal mail delivery of live crab, langoustine, oysters etc for human consumption but not ornamental fish... :crazy:

Interesting point.

Well the unemployed guy got a hefty fine to boot.. :(

I am shocked at the severity of the action taken against the guys. I do not post fish, but do buy shrimp sometimes. :(

Who's to say that one day it will not be shrimp and snails?

Back