• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Anyone kept bullfrog tadpoles before?

Kristoph91

I was talking to a guy about this today. He said he might be able to get some shipped.. anyone got any experience?

Thanks,
Kris

i didnt think you could get them? i thought they were banned under a non-native species act?

Had some when I was younger, many moons ago.

They stop feeding when the tails disolve. Then they take crickets/locusts, then your onto pinkies. they prefer live but you may have to brain them to get them to take dead. I rehomed my 2 at this time.

I seem to remember reports many years ago of the growing up in ponds down south then a few years later pet rabbits and such started dissapearing.

spyder said:
Had some when I was younger, many moons ago.

They stop feeding when the tails disolve. Then they take crickets/locusts, then your onto pinkies. they prefer live but you may have to brain them to get them to take dead. I rehomed my 2 at this time.

I seem to remember reports many years ago of the growing up in ponds down south then a few years later pet rabbits and such started dissapearing.

yeah there was a glut of them in lfs's twenty odd years ago, then people realised the impact that they had on local wildlife (and small pets) when they were released.

Sounds like there isn't many fans of them on here :lol:
But thanks for the info guys!

Kris

Are you refeering to the American Bullfrog? I've just read the list of what they eat on the wiki page :wideyed: not only land animals but fish and other frogs aswell. What a beast :twisted: . I've been looking into keeping PDFs and tadpole care seems fairly simple, treat them like fish, feed flake etc untill they turn into froglets and start with apropriate sized live food, fruit flies in the case of the pdfs.
Have you though about keeping a Pacman instead? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argentine_horned_frog

I thought they were banned too. Something to do with them getting into the wild a taking over just like the damn grey squirrel. Don't hold me to it though.

Back