• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

7th April trip to Living Waters + MA Morden (Surrey)

CeeJay said:
Hi all

Nice to put some faces to some names :thumbup:

Hi Chris. Shaun and I were saying we wish we had accepted your offer of seeing your setup rather than spending the time to go to that last place on the way home. I am sure we would have enjoyed it more ! Hopefully next time ?

We always get a good turnout when we go to Living Waters and this time was no exception. I know it has been said already, but it really Was good to see everyone, and nice to meet Shaun and Chris too :)

I came away a happy bunny (he he, nice Easter pun eh)...

Got some nice plants - Cryptocoryne Cordata, Cryptocoryne Schulzie (rare!), and an Anubias Saggitaria.
and some fish too - a trio of micropoecilia picta red.

These are lovely, they look like a miniature guppy, but are more subdued in their behaviour, so suit the aesthetics of my planted tank really well. Still very active (just slower moving and less frantic) so are good dither fish.

Not many shops take the effort to look out for rarer fish, so these were really appreciated.

The breeding Apistos that got a mention earlier were wild caught Apistogramma Inka, they also had Apistogramma Hongsloi and Apistogramma Macmasteri in the adjacent tanks, and they were acting as excellent (and much needed) target fish for the breeding pair. Any customers walking past or peeering in got a good flaring as well! They are building up their apisto stocks so this is definitely one to watch out for.

You know a shop is looking after the critters well when they have full colours and are breeding on the premises.

Had some nice grade CRS (nice spot on the mosura Sajid), and some Princess bees in too (breeding too I think).

Excuse my enthusiasm (I could go on), I was like a kid in a sweet shop!

Next shop for me to check out is Abacaus Aquatics (Sidcup, South East London, right on my doorstep) fairly new on the scene, but their stock lists also have some of the lesser seen species on it.

Back