• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Marine Nano

Tom said:
Morgan Freeman said:
I think someone should do one of those PAH optiwhite tanks as a mini reef.

IMG_5125.jpg

Someone built that since my suggestion last night? Wow :lol:

George Farmer said:
That looks great, cheers George. I did remember that from a while back but cant find the PFK with it in, although I do have the issue with the pullout that shows the 30 litre microhabitat setup.

Morgan Freeman said:
Possibly, you could go skimmer less and use an external hidden behind/below the tank big enough to also house the heater. Enough flow would also eliminate the need for circulation pumps. Hardly any in=tank equipment that way.

I prefer reef tanks with plenty of Zoas, especially when they cover the entire area of live rock. It's not exactly seiru stone!
OllieNZ said:
It may defeat the purpose of having a nano but why not sump it? more water volume, a place to hide heater skimmer etc and you could use a set of lilly pipes on it 8)
Does this mean that in theory I could move my freshwater setup elsewhere but use the same hardware complete with lilies with a new marine tank in its place? What kind of media is best to put in a marine external? Would lily pipes foul up horribly very quickly?

Tom said:
That tank looks awesome Tom, nice one. I like the clever use of the Eheim as a hang on sump too. Is that just a T5 clip on light?

Cheers again everyone for your input

Back