• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

James' ADA 60p setup (week 11 shots)

Damn you James, damn you and your mad scaping skills!

How are we mortals supposed to feel, looking at your beautiful tank?? I guess sick with jealousy almost describes it..

:thumbup:

Beautifully green!
Hope we see even bigger tank from you James in near future :thumbup:
I'd give an arm and half leg to see what you could do in 120x60x60 ;)

Hi James,

Hope your well! I love this tank, the layout, plant selection and just how healthy it looks! About to start my 75p Journal so hopefully can get it looking as good as this, but would be happy if it looked half as good as this!

How high did you have your halide and did you lower it as the tank matured?

Also with your water quality i have really hard water (as i assume you do also), do you think there is any merit in mixing in a bit of RO water or do you find you can keep most fish and plants that you want?

Cheers

Ross

P.S i may need some help in the future!!

Antipofish said:
This is STILL one of the most beautiful scapes I have seen. Its' simplicity only adds to it. The "little touches" like the larger gravel scattered at the boundary of the "beach" as I call it, just make ALL the difference James. Bravo! It really is "art in an aquarium".
Thank you Chris :D

JohnC said:
Looking lovely.

As a man whom is trying glosso for the first time in my Cthulhu inspired tank this journal is a great read in regard to the nuances of this difficult plant.

In regard to trimming, are you doing weekly or fortnightly glosso trims to keep it down to one tier of plantletts?

I'm just wondering how hard I should mow it down.

Thanks,
John
Hi John, I prune the Glosso fortnightly and cut the whole lot down to less than half a centimeter tall. The carpet regrows in about 10 days, by day 14 the carpet is about 5cm thick and requires pruning again.
Unfortunately this means that the scape only looks its best for a few days every 2 weeks.

LondonDragon said:
Stunning James as expected from the nano master ;) love it :)
Cheers Paulo :D

hogan53 said:
:woot: Magnificently beautiful.
Thanks mate :D

George Farmer said:
Another beauty to add to the collection mate.

I love the attention to detail and almost clinical appearance. The pruning of the glosso to keep it away from the front glass is an excellent touch, for example. The manicured HC looks good enough to use as a pillow.

But what I think I respect most about this and you as an aquascaper is your ability to effectively visualise and execute a layout design.

I don't think there's many other aquascapers in the UK with such a distinctive style either. The blend between classic Nature Aquarium and formal groups with such clear boundaries works brilliantly in all your work.

First class photography too. The whole set-up and its presentation just oozes professionalism.

Kudos.
Thank you George :D , I'm really enjoying the pruning, I find that i can be more confident with it as the larger volume of water is more stable and forgiving than my usual 20 litre tanks.

viktorlantos said:
Hey James, Congratulations to this beauty scape. Love what you did with the leveled HC, the mix of the grass and the sandy part. Fishes were great choice to the image.

Perfect clean tank with prof capture.

Deserve a fav for sure from me :D :thumbup:

Thanks Viktor :D , much appreciated.

wearsbunnyslippers said:
Damn you James, damn you and your mad scaping skills!

How are we mortals supposed to feel, looking at your beautiful tank?? I guess sick with jealousy almost describes it..

:thumbup:
Cheers mate :D

Piece-of-fish said:
Beautifully green!
Hope we see even bigger tank from you James in near future :thumbup:
I'd give an arm and half leg to see what you could do in 120x60x60 ;)
Thanks Ed :D , I wish I had space for a 120, then I could keep some discus again, perhaps one day ;)

RossMartin said:
Hi James,

Hope your well! I love this tank, the layout, plant selection and just how healthy it looks! About to start my 75p Journal so hopefully can get it looking as good as this, but would be happy if it looked half as good as this!

How high did you have your halide and did you lower it as the tank matured?

Also with your water quality i have really hard water (as i assume you do also), do you think there is any merit in mixing in a bit of RO water or do you find you can keep most fish and plants that you want?

Cheers

Ross

P.S i may need some help in the future!!

Thanks Ross :D , its good to hear from you.
The lamp is the ADA solar 2, which contains 2 36watt fluorescents rather than a halide, and yes i lowered it from 9 inches down to 7 inches from the water around week 4. This was mainly done to get the Glosso to lay flat.

For the last few years i have used unadjusted London tap water (GH 18 -22) with no ill effects. In this tank however, i'm using a 4 to 1 RO to tap ratio, water clarity seems to be the main benefit, but i do have to add more ferts as london tap water is almost on par with EI dosing with 25-30 ppm NO3 and 1-1.2ppm PO4.

I look forward to seeing your 75p.

tim said:
love your work james good to see the hobby being driven forward this tank is one of your best yet

Thanks Tim :D

pariahrob said:
Beautiful scape. All I can say really. Looks superb.

Thanks Rob :D

Cheers,
James

Stunning, truly phenomenal and a real showcase of the beautiful 'frame' ADA's products provide around your gorgeous aquascape. Would love to see this in the flesh before you tear it down! Surely there must be a nearby venue (the Arts Depot, or trendy coffee shop even!) to showcase this stunning tank. Stick a 'TGM' label somewhere on it and I'm sure we can twist James Findley's arm and get him to pay you some commission from all the extra sales! :)

Hi James. Loving the scape. Recently got a 60p and in the process of getting up and running.

You say you mix RO water with tap water. I wanted to know why you do this? Is it to add hardness to the water, or something else? I never see ADA selling a remineralising mix for RO water, so I assume they don't do it, but they do sell de chlorination mixes so assume ADA use tap water. I figure that you don't remineralise your RO through researching your scape.

Anyway, lots of questions Sorry...

Back