• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Getting away with an office nano...

greenink

How hard is a nano to keep in a regular office (ie if you're not a freelancer or working somewhere trendy)?

Does anyone here do it? Do your coworkers think you're mad? Did HR / facilities get cross? How did you persuade them.

And how do you do water changes? And cleaning? Is it sneaking in early or late to do it? Do you actually need a heater? What do you do when you o on holiday?

Am sort of tempted... Any success or failure stories would be great to hear... Pictures even better!

mikeappleby said:
How hard is a nano to keep in a regular office (ie if you're not a freelancer or working somewhere trendy)?

Does anyone here do it? Do your coworkers think you're mad? Did HR / facilities get cross? How did you persuade them. HR/Facilities/H&S did not have any issues for me...

And how do you do water changes? And cleaning? Is it sneaking in early or late to do it? Do you actually need a heater? What do you do when you o on holiday? I didnt tend to do any water changes, the nano was too small to do anything properly 15l... when on holiday i left it as normal... however i never stocked it with fish just had a couple of cherries in there.

Am sort of tempted... Any success or failure stories would be great to hear... Pictures even better!

It kind of got tiresome doing maintenance especially at work and thats why i tore it down.

Cheers

Hi Mike, i did keep one at work until a few weeks ago see above for my answers.

Hotweldfire has one currently, maybe hell see this or you could PM him.
Cheerio,
Ady.

I've always fancied a tank on my desk but don't have room with all the mess :lol: . good luck with getting round your health and safety bods mike all they ever want to do is stop the fun.
on a side note does anyone remember the build the guy did in his office, think it was a 6" discus tank. was on the second floor think he owned the company or his brother. had it all plumbed in for water changes and everything. be interesting to see how that's going.

It really does depend on your employer, and Health and Safety Regulations.
I have had one @ work in the past, that employer was great and as it was only 1G it did not take up much room.
Water changes and maintenance was done on a friday evening once people had left, so as not to annoy anyone. It helped having Keys, as could come in early aswell to do any planting etc.

Back