• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Good examples of Petrified Wood?

Tom

Does anyone know of any good examples of layouts using petrified wood as a dominant feature in the scape? I've just made a layout in my old 40cm with it along with some very branchy, twisty wood and leftover ADA Forest Sand and it just looks so so orange! I've never used it in a proper scape before but I've had it ages - it's the stuff I got from Unipac for my Xmas 2008 layout in PFK.

I've just filled up the tank, and have some Xmas Moss to put in at some point. Would like some Needle/Thin Leaved Java Fern too. Maybe Bolbitis but that comes up expensive!

Tom

full_view-1.jpg

TGM's 10foot 'fallen treet' scape is with Petrified wood i dooooo believe.

very inspiring, hopefully ill make the trip there soon to see it in person.

Before 'bones of the earth' TGM had a fossilised wood based display tank. I have some pics but I don't have them uploaded. Perhaps if you can find the first TGM meet thread you might see some pics in there.

Reigniting this thread as im after some insperation on petrified wood scapes, i cant make up my mind behind this or Dragon Stone..

Cheers

Back