• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hacked site!!!!

geaves

I was in the middle of asking for some assistance regarding Wordpress and a particular project my wife is involved in, but the site has been hacked :twisted: This is/was a multicultural blog for 5 primary schools across Europe, the blog was initially done by a teacher in Romania, the wife is in the process of emailing her, is there anything relevant my wife should inform her of other than the fact the site has been hacked and she needs to contact the hosting company.

Thanks Geoff.

Wow, yes it is by the look of it, but is there a possibility that the hackers would have changed the admin password to the site? i.e. the home page.

My wife has suggested I take this on board... :lol: because the layout just doesn't make sense, however I have a draft post ready should this happen.... :rolleyes:

sWozzAres said:
It wouldn't be much of a hack if they left the old password in place

Dumb question really... :oops: is there a way they can get it back? considering the content is still there.

you could ask the hack0r nicely for the password ;)

he left his contact email :)

or just report it to the hosting company and they should reset it

Back