• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Eco-Complete/Mature Tank

Aaron&Melanie

Seedling
I've seen somewhere that eco-complete needs the water drained before use in a mature aquarium. Is this right or am I remembering incorrectly, appreciate some advice cheers.

Edit: The tank is currently completely empty.

We switched everything over to another tank momentarily while we do the substrate. It says for existing setups drain water in bags but im not sure if they mean it for empty tanks or tanks that have water in them

need reply quickly cheers!

Aaron&Melanie said:
Edit: The tank is currently completely empty.

We switched everything over to another tank momentarily while we do the substrate. It says for existing setups drain water in bags but im not sure if they mean it for empty tanks or tanks that have water in them

need reply quickly cheers!

Hey, I'm new to this myself, but if the tank is empty, which it needs to be, then just add the eco-complete and start planting, if you have retained the water in bags, even better.

Hello,
It doesn't really matter, except the water in the bag is dirty and cloudy so this will tend to add turbidity when you fill the tank. This is not really a big deal. Do whatever is easiest.

Cheers,

Back