• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

tank repair

tim

hey everyone after a bit of advice stupidly cracked a tank whilst cleaning it out was half way along the bottom so i figured replace the glass which i've ordered so question is can i just remove broken piece apply silicone and job done will there be problems with new silicone sticking to the old in which case am i better off stripping whole tank down and rebuliding any help advice greatly appreciated
cheers tim

personally i'd strip the entire tank down and redo the whole lot but this isn't without its risks further.

you could do a half and half strip out the broken panel and all silicone around it but do not touch the silicone between the other panels. then strip off the internal bead of silicone inside the tank re-silicone the new panel in and the entire of the internal corners and it should make it water tight

thanks for that hinch i think as have no experience of silicone work the half half solution works for me and if i mess it up it can be the back of the tank and i'll jungle it up so my sloppy work cant be seen :lol: thanks for the advice been looking at some of your diy tank advice earlier very cool :thumbup:

Back