• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

TMC expert Co2 kit

dtbanks6

Seedling
I have a 130l Aqua one planted tank and have been using a combination of a Nutrafin and home made yeast based generator.
As this is not very easy to control I decided to go down the pressurised route.
As someone who has a lot of TMC kit both tropical & marine, I decided to buy their pressurised Co2 kit - the one with the glass bits.
I can only say how very disappointed I am.
The glass diffuser just doesn't work and the pipe just blows off the connector whenever even the slightest pressure is added.
I decided to use an in-line diffuser on the filter return but could not get the in tank indicator to turn green .
Finally I resorted to using the "ladder" from my yeast-based set which did seem to put some Co2 into the water.
In addition to this, the glass non-return valve leaks water down to the cylinder and the control valve is very difficult to regulate .
Now after less than three weeks the cylinder is empty !
I am now looking at a different system !
Sorry TMC you haven't scored with me on this one. :thumbdown:

I don't like TMC either. I have two of their V2 regs, They use cheap parts from china. I am currently modifiying mine and hoping to get hold of a couple of needle valves from ideal.

Yes no branded is worth it, they cost 3x what DIY and you can buy German made or UK made stuff instead of china assembled. You can put BMW sticker on it to have it branded later.

Radik said:
Yes no branded is worth it, they cost 3x what DIY and you can buy German made or UK made stuff instead of china assembled. You can put BMW sticker on it to have it branded later.

Is Lunapet considered "branded" Radik ? I hear good things about their regs. Am considering swapping...

Back