• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Should I, Shouldn't I

hinch

I have the opportunity to pick up a 4'x2'x2' tank with a smaller tank under it (not currently running as a sump) and a basic stand for £80. Combined giving just under 700L volume.
Now bearing in mind I'll have to build a completely new stand for it all and drill the tank for an overflow and return to the smaller tank to run it as a sump.

Is it worth it? I already have a 1000L tank waiting for the builders to finish which I've yet to setup and while I have room for the 4 footer once the builders are done its going to be sat in the middle of the kitchen for now until they've finished.

Its only £80 so i'm very very tempted but can't decide if I want/need another tank :) help me ukaps you're my only hope!

Calzone said:
For £80, get it , leave it in the garage, and if you decide you can't use it, you can probably make a profit flogging it on.....

:thumbup: Ditto

Surely this is the wrong place to be asking if you should buy another tank as the answer would be yes. So by this logic you really wanted the tank anyway sub-conciously knowing the answer you would get?

Of course you need another tank and at that price :thumbup:

Cheap tanks come up often, if you already have a project in the pipeline better to concentrate on that first.

i was Just playing :) if you have space to stash it when its not in use then go for it.

Piece-of-fish said:
Noooo, never. Why would you need another monster :lol: :lol: :lol:

thats the main thing thats stopping me. I'm tempted to get it and go marine with it since it comes with a 2nd tank which would make a nice sump.

but I've already got like 20 tanks 5 of them in the house + the big display one for the living room once builders have finished. so i'm struggling to justify another big tank despite it being cheap as hell

Considering you have so many tanks then why bother! 4x2x2 is a pretty old hat size anyway :)
However - you could buy the tank, cut it down to 4x2x1high & cut out an overflow in one end (drilled tanks are old hat too :) ) then get a nice needle wheel pump for the sump & set up a tank like Plant brains (Tom)

how do you manage it Hinch...you must buy her loads of shoes.

BTW, buy it. You could sell it for a 100.

Why wouldnt you buy it?

I think you are just looking for support from a place you know you are going to get it lol.

It is a nice size tank, but ask yourself:

1.Do you have the time to maintain this tank on top of all the others

2. I stopped reefing to concentrate on keeping and breeding top quality bows. Reefs are slow to develop and comparitively more expensive...do you have the finances to maintain a reef on top of all the others?

3. Do you need to consider any other people living with you who may have some objections?

If Yes, Yes, No then All systems Go! :lol:

Back