• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

A bit of pearling

that's some pearling there...is the light still relatively low??

ps, i love the way the forum now automatically adds the vids in HD.

A sight to behold, some say dont get hung up on pearling, but to me thats just the epitamy of perfect plant health! :clap:
Your a planted tank genius Mark, it just looks lush!
You and a couple of others should set up a planted scape service where you travel to hobbyists homes and give them tips and advice, even demonstrations of how to achieve this kind of success.... obviously for a fee ;) . Its great reading about it, but theres nothing better than seeing it.
I read that youve upped the lighting on this one recently, does that mean you simply lowered the lighting unit or have you added more light? Did you also need to increase anything else such as c02/ferts. I also read that this is tpn+ exclusively.... what dosage rate are you using?
Great effort again Mark.
Cheerio,
Ady.

Nice bubbles Mark. But if this is a bit of pearling what would a lot look like? :)

Aquadream said:
But if this is a bit of pearling what would a lot look like?

I dont know. 8)

George Farmer said:
It was a great feeling. Now it almost annoys me!

What a bummer eh?...

Ady34 said:
I also read that this is tpn+ exclusively.... what dosage rate are you using?
Great effort again Mark.

Ady! Thanks mate., but far too kind.

5ml daily. The solar 1 is on for 6 hours, and the t5 comes on for about 2 hours. Sadly, unlike Tom Bar, i don't poses the required knowledge to know exactly what I do. :)

hogan53 said:
What colour is that drop checker

Green mate. :thumbup:

ianho said:
i love the way the forum now automatically adds the vids in HD.

Cool eh... :D

Mark Evans said:
Sadly, unlike Tom Bar, i don't poses the required knowledge to know exactly what I do. :)

Very honest of you. I know Tom is very passionate about understanding the results of his actions and that is great, especially when passing on the information to others. We all like to learn, but man, if i could grow plants like you and have scapes that look that lush, i wouldnt really care too much how or why!!! :shh: :D
Ady.

Thats great Mark :) always had my hi-tech tank pearling, sometimes find myself seating on the floor, with the filter turned off and just watch those bubbles rise! lol

It's nice to see it, but i dont long for it.

For the most part of this tanks life, i never had it. Lights were not strong enough,but, i does not bother me. It just grows slower.

hogan53 said:
What colour is that drop checker

7096021497_3b1a02cd68_b.jpg
drop-checker by saintly's pics, on Flickr

To help the tank, and to keep algae at bay, shrimp are invaluable. I do tend to keep an awful lot of them these days.

Also, for anyone thinking of 1-2grow! just look at the rotala. It grows right from the base ;) click on the image to expand.

6949950326_9ac8c67caa_b.jpg
detail1 by saintly's pics, on Flickr

George Farmer said:
Any tips for prepping and planting 1-2-Grow, please?

Treat it a bit like potted HC. Cut into cubes, or small clumps.

either wash it under quite high pressure with a tap, or even better still, if you can, use a shower head (not hot obviously) :thumbup:

another thing that I did, was to pin it using a tooth pick angled. This helped in an already up and running scape.

So, it wasn't actually in the substrate, but rather 'pinned' roots will find their way down.

Back