• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Calling any TMC V12 users

Just wondering if there are any v12 users, it's the one without the solenoid. According to the manual it can't be used with solenoid but where I purchased it from they have sold many and no one has ever said that it hasn't worked. Dilemma is I'm not sure my solenoid is broke and without anything else to test it on don't know whether to order another or this reg just won't work. So any v12 users successfully used one with a solenoid?

Hi i use the TMC pro reg's which have the built in solenoid.

One of my two units has a broken solenoid, so i removed it and screwed in the needle valve to the body of the reg. I now have a standard v2 reg (kind of!).

My point is that i use an aquamedic solenoid on this setup after the needle valve.

So yes i would think that you could use a solenoid with no problems.

Which solenoid are you using?

I would take the solenoid off the pipework and check to see if reg and needle valve is working. If so then suspect your solenoid is broken.

Thanks for that, the solenoid. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CO2-magnetic- ... 2647wt_966 I have put it back in the system today to give it another try. Only time will tell, I can't for the life of me see a reason this reg would not work with a solenoid. At the end of the day if gas is coming through it and the solenoid is knocking on and off it should work unless if either is pressurised something just won't give.
I'll see if it's off in the morning and back on tomorrow.

So when it is out of the system the reg and needle valve work fine?

Yes Geoff, I've been running the reg 24/7 without a problem since I got it. The solenoid did get wet when I had the one way valve in the wrong place if I find my post about it I will link it so you have some background info. The nuts and bolts of old post was I got an atomiser and turned up the pressure which in turn wrecked my reg then got some water in the sol when I disconnected it. I bought the v12 to replace it but it wasn't knocking it self on. I looked in the instructions for the v12 and it clearly stated that it cannot be used in conjunction with a sol. When I rang AE they said yes they have found that in the instructions but couldn't see why it wouldn't and would check with the manufacturer but haven't got back to me. They did also say that they have sold many units and not once had anybody complained that it wouldn't work with a sol! The sol by the way clicks on and off every time I switch it and blowing through the tube proves it working.

Good news is this morning it had knocked off, it's due to restart at 2.30 so that will tell me if some things still faulty. I've recently switched to a reactor and canister set up which is a lot better at diffusing co2 and the water is not as agitated viewtopic.php?f=37&t=20853 so would probably be better and not as wasteful of co2 if I don't run 24/7. The dilemma here is I have a brand new v12 which according to manu won't work with a sol although no good reason for that and a possible faulty sol :crazy: Thats why I was searching on here for a standard v12 user whos running a sol with it then it's worth getting a sol. Failing that I might as well bite the bullet save my money and put it towards a new reg with a sol.

Not sure if the pro is different in some way, if the sol is not faulty the only thing I can assume about the v12 is when the needle wheel is open and there is back pressure something inside the reg cuts out but to be fair I can't really imagine that.

The good news is the co2 switched on :thumbup: I'll just have to keep monitoring it.

Back