• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Glass cleaning

curefan

Hi....Im getting a new optiwhite tank next week and I hear that optiwhite scratches easier then ordinary glass.
So would it be a bad idea to use magnets to clean the glass in case some sand or aquasoil soil stirs up and the glass gets scratched?
What would be the safest way to clean the glass? :bored:

Suggestions welcomed!
Cheers, Dave.

easerthegeezer said:
i not 100% but i did read somewhere that mag floats are a bad idea on opti white tanks. Id like to know too as pick my tank up sunday.
I was planning on just using the white glass cleaning pads...

Ian, i get my tank this weekend mate what have you been using to clean yours?

Cheers

good old fashioned white algae pad, had it for years. There was an article in PFK i missed about the myth of optiwhite scratching easier, maybe try to find it online. Id bet that they just show the scratches easier though mate. I havent scratched mine and im a clumsy oaf. Saying that i still wouldnt use a mag float :)

bring on the journal mike!!

HarryRobinson said:
Thats just like the one which i posted earlier in the forum :)

What the link i posted?

No, the image i put of an algae scaper looking like the one in the video, erm here :

HarryRobinson said:
Use something like this, http://www.waooga.com/ekmps/shops/barga ... 6104-p.jpg"
Prevents any substrate from being trapped due to it being stored outside the tank, and not stuck on the inside like the mag floats:)

HarryRobinson said:
HarryRobinson said:
Thats just like the one which i posted earlier in the forum :)

What the link i posted?

No, the image i put of an algae scaper looking like the one in the video, erm here :

HarryRobinson said:
Use something like this, http://www.waooga.com/ekmps/shops/barga ... 6104-p.jpg"
Prevents any substrate from being trapped due to it being stored outside the tank, and not stuck on the inside like the mag floats:)

Ah! Cheers

Back