• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

60x40x40

Ekennaj

Seedling
60x40x40
Filter: Eheim 2217
Substrate: Florabase and sand
Lightning: 2x aquabeam tmc

Aquarium could do better.
Had some big algea problems, and there's still a bit left. Removing it weekly and experimenting with the plant nutritions to get a better result. Currently i'm in the winning team.
IMG_1731.jpg

IMG_1689.jpg

IMG_1690.jpg

i'm still looking for a nice plant to place in left side. maybe some more rotala... dunno yet

Hi,
very natural looking set up, really like the twigs, broken bark and leaves on the substrate. The choc gouramis suit it really well, and the cpd's will add a splash (and dash) of colour. Love those little killifish too, id love some in a nano tank!
Cheerio,
Ady.

Nice job! Did you boil the oak leaves and bark first? Do you have carbon in the filter or have you not had any tannins colouring the water?

No I never boil any wood or leaves. If you boil them the leaves/wood will rot earlier. If you don't trust it just splash some hot water over it and than place it in cold water.
Had a little coloring in the water, not much. And i'm not using carbon. Just plain old ceramic and sera siporax.

Hi all,
I like this one as well, I like tannins, the Beech(Fagus) leaves, the way their shape matches the Gourami and the shrimps colour, and the little Clown killis (Pseudepiplatys) are one of my favourite fish.

What about re-homing the Galaxy Raspbora, and replacing them with some Corydoras pygmaeus?

cheers Darrel

Currently I got some off my favorite fish in my aquarium. I share the opining the R gallaxy don't fit in the picture, bit to bold colored and big next to the gourami. Allready had the gallaxy so i'm keeping them.
If i had to choose again i would prob go for some smaller duller colored rasboras or dario.

Back