• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Non-planted Aquascaping Inspiration

skeletonw00t

Hi all,

I've had enough with all the hassle & maintenance required for planted tanks & i am thinking of converting mine into a completely non-planted tank.

I'm just looking for a bit of inspiration, perhaps from some of the good scapers on here for a tank which has no plants.

I like the okiishi resin rocks on aqua essentials so was thinking of using those & a nice sand & some pebbles.

Anyone else have a nice - non-planted tank?

I've done a few. I tend to get bored quite quickly with non-planted aquascapes, unless the fish happen to be particularly interesting. Shelldwellers and angelfish were my favourites here.

60cm - Cambodia Blackwater (2009)
cambodia.jpg

60cm - Shelldweller Sanctuary (2010)
shelldwellers.jpg

60cm - White cloud mountain (2009)
whitejpg.jpg

60cm - Brackish biotope (gobies) (2010)
brackish.jpg

30 minute 'scape (2011)
6329292297_84e62e9aaf.jpg
30 minute scape by George Farmer, on Flickr

Goldfish (2011)
6330044780_ff55019a08_o.jpg
goldfish by George Farmer, on Flickr

Rio Nanay (2011)
6330049376_98f18f412a_o.jpg
rio nanay by George Farmer, on Flickr

I love the goldfish tank George. There is a lot you can do without plants, but personally I enjoy the faffing and playing about with all the gadgets and equipment. I may sound a bit weird but I actually enjoy doing my weekly 50% water change too :lol:

+1 For Multis, they are interesting fish and that scape of Georges is a good inspiration.

I love the shelldweller tank... But would it look wierd if i had cardinal tetras in a layout like that :/

skeletonw00t said:
I love the shelldweller tank... But would it look wierd if i had cardinal tetras in a layout like that :/
Use wcmm or a lighter coloured tetra. I do have cardinals with mine, in a planted though and they look good :D or get some black calvus

Back