• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

logi-cat's Nano Cube **RESCAPED**

logi-cat

Day 21 (11/05/12) **FINAL TANK SHOT**

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Day 12 (02/05/12)

After getting rid of my old 60l tank, i thought i should replace it with something smaller. I have being eyeing up the p@h 25l cube as a replacement for some time now, and yesterday took the plunge and bought one. This meant closing my 12l nano which i have been running over a month now, and in that time i have achieved great growth. This is what the Hydrocotyle sp.Japan looked like when i dug it up yesterday;

This is the final tank shot of the 12l before i closed it down;

The new setup will consist of:

Substrate: Akadama
Tank: P@H 25l Cube
Filter: Eheim 2213 Classic
Heater: Hydor ETH 200W
Lighting: Arcadia Arc Pod 11W Daylight bulb (8 hours)
Co2: DIY yeast co2 system
fertilisers: 5 x root tablets from the Nutrients Company, 3 x week micro+marco nutrients, Easylife Profito and Easylife easyCarbo daily.
plants: Hydrocotyle sp. Japan, Micranthemum Micranthemoides, Elocharis Acicularis, Willow Moss, Monosolenium Tenerum and salvinia Auriculata

Day 1 (21/04/2012)

Here's the tank after everything is set up;

Give it a couple of weeks and everything should fill in nicely. :thumbup:

I am looking to raise shrimps in this tank especially CRS, just got to make sure the parameters are spot on before i add anything.

Re: P@H 25l Cube

Day 8 (28/04/2012)

Its been a week now, so i thought i should post an update. There's been a lot of moving around as i am never satisfied when i try to scape something, but here's how it looks now:

The tank's residence include a cherry shrimp, an amano shirmp, 3 x pygmy corydoras and 3 x celestial pearl danios.

Some of my favourite snaps that i managed to capture:

Looking good. Love those little pygmy's :) What return outlet do you use for your filter ?

not too sure what you mean by that. i have a tap on each both the inlet and outlet of the filter. Because the flow that is coming out is a bit too strong for my liking, i just reduce it using the outlet tap.

logi-cat said:
not too sure what you mean by that. i have a tap on each both the inlet and outlet of the filter. Because the flow that is coming out is a bit too strong for my liking, i just reduce it using the outlet tap.

I mean do u use a spraybar, or a nozzle return :)

no spraybar as it would have been to strong. Just a Eheim Shepherds Crook Outlet Pipe but slightly modified so i can swivel it at different angles.

logi-cat said:
no spraybar as it would have been to strong. Just a Eheim Shepherds Crook Outlet Pipe but slightly modified so i can swivel it at different angles.

Cool cheers

Re: logi-cat's 25l planted cube **lots of pictures**

Day 12 (02/05/2012)

Couldn't resist an update. Got some riccia yesterday form one of the members of the forum. Decided to remove the pellia in place of it. riccia tied down to a rock with a shower scrunchie :rolleyes:

Re: logi-cat's Nano Cube **UPDATED**

thanks for the comment. Here's the tank as of today:

Done a quick trim on the hairgrass, cleaned the glass abit and a small water change. Shrimps are doing great, no deaths yet. Thinking of getting rid of my pygmys. No major signs of algae, except for a small bit on glass, probably due to the fluctuation of my diy co2.

Chuck some twigs in! Will break up te green a little.
Once the HG fills in should looks pretty unique...a good unique

i have a piece of driftwood but for some reason i don't want to put it in. i prob will next week.

logi-cat said:
i have a piece of driftwood but for some reason i don't want to put it in. i prob will next week.

How about something quite thin with a few branches on it that could be made to look like the canopy of a tree with mosses attached ?

Antipofish said:
logi-cat said:

How about something quite thin with a few branches on it that could be made to look like the canopy of a tree with mosses attached ?

might tie some hc to a bit of driftwood and see how that pans out.

logi-cat said:
Antipofish said:
logi-cat said:

might tie some hc to a bit of driftwood and see how that pans out.
Thats an interesting option. Will it attach in the end or always need human intervention ?

i'm not sure to be honest if it will attach itself. But will have to tie it down with a bit of cotton thread.

logi-cat said:
Hi there,
if you dont want to put it in then dont ;) .
Great growth on that hydrocotle.
Cheerio,
Ady.

Thought i should post an update of what I've been up to. Decided to rescape it as i wanted to try something new out. Here's how it looks:

12/06/2012

02/07/2012
20 days later this is what it looks like: