• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Goldfish tank plant ideas?

My wife has a tubby goldfish in a 30ltr tank that really needs a new home, til this point she has wanted a bio orb :(

however after much discussion i have convinced her that George would be much happier in a 60x45x45 tank, which by a strange coincedence is the size tank i have wanted to get to house another figure of eight puffer.
George is twelve so im thinking (hoping) that he is reaching his prime :shifty:

Plus the 30ltr can be changed into a lovely little shrimp tank

Sorry after all that waffle my question is can anybody reccomend a good custom tank site for me to get my (i mean george's) 60x45x45 tank :lol:

Re: Goldfish tank oportunity

its a guy fairly local to me, been around for ages lots of people have used him and he's highly recommended by all that have used him so should be good.

Goldfish tank oportunity

I got my recent custom tank from ND aquatics, St Albans. The quality is amazing!
Depends where you live?

Re: Goldfish tank oportunity

somethingfishy said:
dean said:
Don't want to upset you but George has a lot more years in him yet :)
I hope he does :D trying to persuade my wife that he would be much happier in a pond

The big pond between England and France ? :woot:

Re: Goldfish tank

picking up a second hand 80ltr tank for george this weekend.

Just after any tips for planting and general tips for a goldfish tank? Must admit i have been pretty ignorant til now and just classed him as the wifes fish, but its time to give him a better home i hope.

somethingfishy said:
picking up a second hand 80ltr tank for george this weekend.

Just after any tips for planting and general tips for a goldfish tank? Must admit i have been pretty ignorant til now and just classed him as the wifes fish, but its time to give him a better home i hope.

Is that the one you told me you knew had a leak in it ? :lol: :lol: :lol: I think you need big bold plants to go with a goldfish... echinodorus , nymphea perhaps ?

Any one who knows me will attest to me being an ebay legend .. but in a bad way!!

To cut a stupid story short I ended up buy two identical tanks :lol:

Looking forward to rehoming George, and like the idea of ...

Tom said:
I've gone bare-glass bottom for mine, and plants on wood. Easy to clean as you just lift the wood out and wipe/hoover the bottom

Was wondering which plants to use that the goldfish would not snack on ... any ideas?

Plastic ones ? :lol:
(You could lace them with strichnine :twisted: )
But don't tell the Mrs I suggested that ! :shh:

Antipofish said:
Plastic ones ? :lol:
(You could lace them with strichnine :twisted: )
But don't tell the Mrs I suggested that ! :shh:

:lol: Im trying very hard to find some love for george and not begrudge him taking up a tank i would love to use as my next scape.

Haha maybe when i go on holiday you could pop round to feed him ;)

Back