• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

ADA 60-P planted tank 'Prairie' (month 5)

Re: ADA 60-P planted tank (week 5)

Thanks Mike. I agree about the cropping. Wouldn't show the grubby pipes either!

Funny, the DC does look bit darker in these shots. It's almost lime in the flesh. Or maybe I need to drop something white behind it to help me see it more clearly. I'll do that now, just to be on the safe side.

Cheers!

pariahrob said:
Thanks Mike. I agree about the cropping. Wouldn't show the grubby pipes either!

Funny, the DC does look bit darker in these shots. It's almost lime in the flesh. Or maybe I need to drop something white behind it to help me see it more clearly. I'll do that now, just to be on the safe side.

Cheers!

Get one of those fancy gUSH ones that hangs outside :crazy:

pariahrob said:
I thought about one of those but while they look nice they don't give much scope for moving around or testing at different depths.

Once you have worked out your CO2 rate of injection that point is mute. AND you can always use a spraybar clip to stick the external gUSH anywhere you want it internally during the testing phase :thumbup:

pariahrob said:
Are you on commission?

LOL Nope. But I am practically broke now so I thought I would start spending other people's money and enjoy it vicarioulsy !! :lol: :lol: :lol: :clap: :clap: :clap:

pariahrob said:
I've got to save pennies for when the 120cm arrives too! Maybe I'll make that a birthday present. Hmm, get her to agree before she sees the price.

:lol: love this post. Nothing like a little guidance for the significant others to make sure gifts are correct!!

Andy

sarahtermite said:
Antipofish said:
pariahrob said:
Are you on commission?

LOL Nope. But I am practically broke now so I thought I would start spending other people's money and enjoy it vicarioulsy !! :lol: :lol: :lol: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Excellent plan, Chris!

Me too, thats why i convinced my housemate he needed macro and UWA lenses which just happen to fit mine too :D

Tanks coming along well mate, you should be chuffed. :thumbup:

Chris, you can window shop for me any time you like.

Thanks everybody. I'm chuffed to bits that you're liking my first planted tank! Big(ish) changes tomorrow. The hygrphila is going, to be exchanged for something a bit grassier. I'm doing an exchange with Mike from Amazon, who I also have ordered my black widows through. I'm not in a hurry to get them so if they aren't in that's absolutely fine.
Still waiting for the nano to cycle. I want to get the cherries in there and breeding!

Thanks again!

pariahrob said:
Chris, you can window shop for me any time you like.

Thanks everybody. I'm chuffed to bits that you're liking my first planted tank! Big(ish) changes tomorrow. The hygrphila is going, to be exchanged for something a bit grassier. I'm doing an exchange with Mike from Amazon, who I also have ordered my black widows through. I'm not in a hurry to get them so if they aren't in that's absolutely fine.
Still waiting for the nano to cycle. I want to get the cherries in there and breeding!

Thanks again!

Even if those fish are in Rob, you really must think about leaving it for at least another week. I know its tough but I believe filters are reactive and need time to settle after a problem before being placed under more strain ;) Will you buy whatever I window shop ? lol. Which Hygro is it that you are getting rid of ? Its not pinitafida is it ? (i am being too lazy to look back at the pics at the moment, having just go back from the allotment and am cream crackered.)

Yep, I've already had that chat with him about it. I'm tempted to wait another week too. I'll see what he says but I'm sure he won't mind.

It's the one I can't remember the name of, with the silver on the underside of the leaves. It's grown so fast! I knew I was going to get rid, so I let the nodes sprout and pretty sure it would make 30 plants now. It's an attractive plant I just don't think it fits my scape.

I think that very much depends on which windows you are looking in! :angelic:

U mean the one at the back behind the right hand large rock ? If so I think it adds a good variation on lead structure personally.

ok, so there seems to be a massive difference of opinion on the addition of new fish. If you didn't know I had what seemed to be a whitest problem but I treated it with sera protazol. The few spots were gone over night and I've not seen any signs since. No rubbing or anything. It's been a week now.

So, I was a little concerned about adding new fish and Chris reminded me of those concerns above, as my oder of black widows may arrive tomorrow. I've spoken to a few people about it and the main suggestions are:

1. Don't add anything for another week, to be sure it's all gone

2. Add the fish and take them straight from the supplier. Don't have them put into the LFS tanks first.

3. Add the fish but give them 48 hours in the LFS tanks.

The most convincing argument I've heard is option1. Take the fish but reduce their stress by having them straight into my tank, so they only have to acclimate once. It was suggested to increase the temperature of my tank as well. Up by a few degrees. I'm a little unsure but if you have opinions I'd appreciate hearing them. I'd like to go and talk to Mike at Amazon with some ideas and knowledge. I trust his opinion and experience. His tanks are all immaculate and he appears to have huge passion for the hobby, rather than be a shop keeper.

Anyway, I may go with what he suggests but please do give me your thoughts. Last thing I want to do is cause any fish any problems.

pariahrob said:
That's the one Chris. Sorry, it's going. I think something grassier looking or a pogostemon erectus would look best.

You got quite a lot of grassy stuff. Pogo. Erectus would be very nice though.

Back