• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Interview with Diana Walstad

Hi all,
I hadn't seen this interview before, but I still think she makes a lot of sense for the less plant orientated fish keeper.
Adequate lighting, 2.5 cm underlayer of an unfertilized soil, large diversity of plant species, moderately hardwater, well-fed fish, and patience.
I think this recipe is likely to work for the majority of people who just want a "tank with plants", and it is the plants that make the difference. A "tank with plants" is enough to ensure much higher quality water than they would get in a tank without plants, even if the resulting tank doesn't satisfy everyone's aesthetic requirements.

cheers Darrel

It's just a general overview of the different methodologies out there for growing plants. Nothing groundbreaking for regular UKAPS members but newbies may learn a few things.

Sounds like it will make an interesting article all the same, and it will be useful to be able to compare methodologies side by side. So I guess you will be mentioning the traditional low-energy and high-energy approaches.

If you intend to mention my concept of hybrid-energy© or hybrid-tech©, I will expect full credit and payment for the use of my intellectual property rights. ;)

Tim

Back