• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

C02 DISASTER...URGENT HELP

Ady34

Global Moderator
UKAPS Team
GASSED ALL FISH
ALL FLOATING, SEVERAL DEAD, AIRSTONE ON, C02 OFF, WATER LEVEL DROPPED TO ALLOW FILTER RETURN AGITATION. WHAT ARE SURVIVAL CHANCES OF THE REST? CAN I DO ANYTHING ELSE... NO WATER PREPARED READY APART FROM 1 X 25L DRUM

thanks, put the 25 l in and dropped the water level again for agitation..... im so gutted.

stupidity. turned the needle valve off when i refilled c02 so lost settings and have obviously seriously misjudged the new setting.

I had a narrow escape last week. Cleaned my inline atomiser last Wednesday night (didn't touch anything on the CO2 kit), got home Thursday to see bright yellow drop checker and all fish at the top, some spinning in the flow. Fortunately they all survived after a water change, but like you I've had to reset the needle valve and am tweaking it daily as I don't use a bubble counter.

thats terrible, cant think of anything worse happening to a fishkeeper, hopefully some of them survive.

Hey Ady, so sorry to hear this. Everyone's nightmare :( Best wishes for the rest surviving :thumbup: Keep us posted tomorrow how things go.

cheers for the replies, some of the remaining fish have started free swimming so think some should survive. Lost at least 50% at least though. Totally gutted knowing that it was something i did directly. Just shows the importance of bubble counters as a visual guide if nothing else and patience in setting the c02 up. We live and learn and although im sad now, ill learn from this which will hopefully ensure the same thing doesnt happen again.
Cheerio,
Ady.

Sorry to hear this mate. Have lost so many fish/shrimp to co2 disasters. No 1 killer in planted tanks I think. So easy to screw it up. Have managed to kill shrimp simply by taking out some plants to sell not thinking that they were a significant portion of what used the co2 in the tank. Came home a few hours later, yellow DC, dead fish and shrimp.

Oh Damn!! Just saw this today. Truly sorry for what had happened Ady. I can only imagine how bad you must feel. What had happened occured unintentionally,...it wasn't your fault mate. Take care.

Back