• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

optimum spraybar configuration?....

Ady34

Global Moderator
UKAPS Team
Hi,
soon to fill a new nano tank and have decided to add a spraybar return to maximise distribution and dissipate flow.
Which configuration will work best given the hardscaping and filter inlet positions (top and bottom right of tank), the rear forward facing, or the longer spraybar attachment at the left hand side across the tank?

rear forward facing (shorter spraybar):

feb20122014.jpg

feb20122015.jpg

Left side across the tank (longer spraybar):

feb20122017.jpg

feb20122018.jpg

My feeling is that the left hand side option would be better mainly due to the positioning of hardscaping and substrate.
Thanks,
Ady.

easerthegeezer said:
I would say left mainly as it is full length then which always seems to get clives thumbs up.
I'm loving the layout of this tank ady, when are you getting it wet?
Yeah personally thats the one i would go with, especially given the rocks at the front which may act as a barrier to water flow from the rear forward facing configuration.
Hopefully plants will arrive today/tomorrow so getting wet then.
Thanks,
Ady.

Yeah, I always like the longer bars, but on small volumes you can get away with a lot of different configurations, especially if using high flow rates.

Nice wood arrangement by the way.

Cheers,

Hi Ady,

They have these at my local P@H would like to have one of these if I can get it past the wife, does it come with the spraybar or was it something you had to make up yourself.

Geoff

ceg4048 said:
Yeah, I always like the longer bars, but on small volumes you can get away with a lot of different configurations, especially if using high flow rates.

Nice wood arrangement by the way.

Cheers,

Thanks Clive,
opted for the longer one as thought id get better overall circulation around the tank with position of hardscaping, substrate gradients, planting etc. Nearly 10x turnover, but suspect less with media and clogging!

geaves said:
Hi Ady,

They have these at my local P@H would like to have one of these if I can get it past the wife, does it come with the spraybar or was it something you had to make up yourself.

Geoff

Hi Geoff,
they dont come with spraybars, i had to steal one from a donor filter and diy the return slightly...the power of hacksaws and superglue!
Your biggest obstacle however will be getting the thumbs up from the wife :lol:
Cheerio,
Ady.

Back