• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Not much time for aquascaping

Last night, I had a massive disaster!

I moved the tank to take some photos (which I've done about 7 times) but this time, the rocks caved in. The biggest fell over, and the other toppled. I've had to take one of them out.

I'm a bit gutted, as it was starting to look quite nice. Thankfully, I do have full tank shots, so no biggy, but still, I'd of liked to take a few more shots.

I'm still running it, as I still have all of my live stock in there.

I guess it gives an insight as to what stems look after trimming when hidden behind stones etc

7222823350_8e3d6ff173_b.jpg
Disaster by saintly's pics, on Flickr

Oh shoot Mark. Thats rotten bad luck mate. Glad you have the shots you need though.

Must have been the night for bad luck!
At least it didnt hit the glass though :sick: .

The stone nearly went through the patio window though in a fit of rage! this tank was a breeze to.

i suppose theres still a chance to make something of it somehow.i'll have to see what i can pull off

no hardscape dutch stylee!

It's totaly possible Ady. I could remove the 2 visible rocks, and really shape the rear stems, and add a group of real fast growing stems.

It would be interesting to see, not only that, i could still beat my personnel best for 'longest running tank'

I'm going to go and venture into my local P@H store, and see what they have in. I might just get a few pots of stems, and see what happens.

I'll cut the whole back part ofthe tank down to the ground, and let it recover. This will mean that the HC will need flattening to an inch of its life if i'm to maintain this for a little longer.

I did have Egeria Densa in the tank, but 12 inches of growth in 1 week was a little too fast. When i took it out after about 2 weeks it was near on 3 foot :lol:

Mark Evans said:
I'm going to go and venture into my local P@H store, and see what they have in. I might just get a few pots of stems, and see what happens.

I'll cut the whole back part ofthe tank down to the ground, and let it recover. This will mean that the HC will need flattening to an inch of its life if i'm to maintain this for a little longer.

I did have Egeria Densa in the tank, but 12 inches of growth in 1 week was a little too fast. When i took it out after about 2 weeks it was near on 3 foot :lol:

Are you SURE you dont add steroids to your tanks Mark :lol: :lol:

Well, the plant is renound for its fast growth, but i didnt realise how fast.

Not steroids mate, infact the opposite....very little these days.

Mark Evans said:
Well, the plant is renound for its fast growth, but i didnt realise how fast.

Not steroids mate, infact the opposite....very little these days.

Right Im off to buy some Egeria Densa for my nano at the back. As I cant afford the ones I really want at the moment, lol.

Hi Mark, wishing you a speedy recovery and hope all goes well, take care man. Bad news about the rocks after moving the tank but knowing you it will look better than ever after you work your magic

Back