• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

co2 dump

Mark Evans

Expert
in anyones experience, is it posable to get some kind of co2 dump/rubish from the end of a cylinder. and if so can it haze the water slightly?

ive checked on my new setup and the wayer has a SLIGHT haze.checked my co2 and the bottle was nearly empty.

saintly said:
in anyones experience, is it posable to get some kind of co2 dump/rubish from the end of a cylinder. and if so can it haze the water slightly?

ive checked on my new setup and the wayer has a SLIGHT haze.checked my co2 and the bottle was nearly empty.

It is possible for some regulators to empty the remainer of a tank when it gets almost out.. although Ive never experienced this. But Id say your fish would be dead long before you had any discolouration of the water, unless you had some kind of polluted gas in the tank which would be highly unlikely.

well, i was thinking of the aqua soil, but never had one glitch with the bigger tank. its stayed clear throughout. but used malaya on that setup. i wasnt sure if amazonia was different in anyway.

ive done a 50% waterchange and its crystal again. + plus a new co2 cylinder.

saintly said:
well, i was thinking of the aqua soil, but never had one glitch with the bigger tank. its stayed clear throughout. but used malaya on that setup. i wasnt sure if amazonia was different in anyway.

ive done a 50% waterchange and its crystal again. + plus a new co2 cylinder.
Amazonia is more nutrient-rich than Malaya. Plus you have more water in the bigger tank...

I had clouding in my nano with Amazonia. Cleared up after a few weeks and regular water changes.

Back