• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

How to make Ada sand? Crazy...

I think this is a genius idea Luis!

I'll be trying it. I'll try and find an old blender at a car boot sale, just for this purpose.

Does anybody think this would work with a molar clay substrate? I might just give it a go.

Mark Evans said:
I think this is a genius idea Luis!

I'll be trying it. I'll try and find an old blender at a car boot sale, just for this purpose.

:) It has been on the tank with shrimp and plants, no adverse effects. Also you can make different grades with it. So leave it for longer and you get really powdery sand, for less and you get a coarser.

Just done another batch for some emersed pots I have with hairgrass and UG.. Very simple to use. :)

It should work with other clay, have not tried with Akadama, but should work.

The Moulinex looks like this:
52151545.jpg

Inside it has a blade like this:
MLX-A10B01__35324_zoom.jpg

The unit is from the 1980's... :)

that's more of a chopping blade from a food processor than a blender. I don't think an actual blender would work that well I think it would just blend the stuff immediately around the blade and not touch everything else. I wonder if I will get in trouble with the other half if I use our food processor :p

Back