• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Just entered IAPLC 2012

Cheers, ill have a look when ive got some more time.

stuworrall said:
hoping to get mine in before the deadline. had a little trim which I'm waiting to grow back slightly
Hopefully you will as it looks like a cracker and i would think will do very well.

looks straightforward enough, from talk about the forum it looks like you have to enter a photo not posted anywhere else, although from my brief scout of the iaplc website i cant confirm this, so can anyone here?
Ill stick one in to up the uk numbers.

ianho said:
the actual photo that you enter shouldn't be published anywhere...
Cheers, may not enter then, tank needs a severe trim and time to regrow..... unless i hunt out an older photo not posted on here, but it will have equipment etc in, does this matter?

That rule is daft and often ignored.

George for example, entered a tank that was previously featured in PFK...nothing happened.

Last year, i did show off my tank which came 95th a dozen times on dozen of different forums. They really cant police it, and to be honest, it's a stupid rule anyway.

they do get marked down for having equipment. I'm sure it looks fab mate, just get a pic and whack it in!

If that were the case, i couldnt enter, as i have a 2 page spread in the new Tropica catalogue.

This is why i took numerous shots, thus allowing me to use a shot that no one has seen. As good as the photo is for Tropica, the one i have for IAPLC, Is just that little bit beter ;)

ianho said:
they do get marked down for having equipment. I'm sure it looks fab mate, just get a pic and whack it in!
Ha, think i will, its quite exciting being a part of it.

Well, ive just entered to keep the numbers up, hopefully helping improve on last years 14 UK entrants compared to the 5hundred odd from Japan!
Its actually quite an exciting thing for a first timer to be part of the IAPLC, and its nice that anyone with planted tank interest can enter :thumbup: .
I have to say my preperation was on a similar level to Marks and i think it will be a close run thing for who gets the highest ranking :shifty: :lol: In fairness to myself i used a tripod with the camera and removed some equipment :woot:
Unfortunately due to slight thinning in the hair department i dont own a hairdryer, so instead chose to cover the water surface with plants thus eliminating the need for the 'ripple effect' and indeed any plant trimming ;)
Cheerio,
Ady.

Back