• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

A short video of my 60cm shallow by Dan Crawford

George Farmer

Founder
UKAPS Team
Thanks to Dan Crawford for creating this nice little video. The aquascape is featured in the latest PFK and is one of my favourites to date. Fellow UKAPS member, Troi now has this tank and aquascape running successfully during my 6 month tour of duty.

Check out the glitter lines created by the Radion Ecotech LED lighting!

Very nice. Many videos I see are too long and I get bored but this one was'nt long enough!

I think I may have something a bit different in the way of hardscaping for you George when you get back if you're interested...

Looks nice. I have a few clips of this tank. I'll see if I can string them together.

What W/ B did you use? It looks a little 'cold' you could pull that back in post processing though.

Thanks folks, i'm glad you like it.
Mark Evans said:
Looks nice. I have a few clips of this tank. I'll see if I can string them together..
Don't you dare, Evans! :lol:
Mark Evans said:
What W/ B did you use? It looks a little 'cold' you could pull that back in post processing though.
I can't remember what W/B settings I was using, I'd take a guess that it was on Auto WB. I agree that it's a bit cold. I edited it in iMovie, perhaps I could have tweeked it a bit. I might have a play and re-post it.

easerthegeezer said:
The wild discus in the linked video just blew me away, gorgeous fish!!
I'm glad you like them, I love them to bits! The tank is a 4x2x2 and sort of biotope at the minute. I'm debating turning it into a proper planted tank but i'm reluctant to put so much stress on them, particularly since the runt looks a bit ropey!

if im correct in my assumption, those are wild p. scalare angels from George Farmers Rio Nanay biotope then profile planted tanks, rehomed to Dan for safe keeping!

Ady34 said:
if im correct in my assumption, those are wild p. scalare angels from George Farmers Rio Nanay biotope then profile planted tanks, rehomed to Dan for safe keeping!

safe keeping....what a burden that must be :lol: Wild fish really are quite something.

Iain, I got the Wild Discus from David Lai at Discus Bananas, a top chap with fantastic fish!

The Angels are indeed George's from his Rio Nanay tank. I'll be getting 8 Altums later this year when they are "in season" :0)

This is one of my most favorite tanks - I love the restricted palette of colour around the trunk and the whole simplicity vs detail thing. Now I have a lovely movie for my inspiration scrapbook!

Thanks for this, a real treat!

Almost forgot about this. So much has happened in the last 12 months - it feels like a lifetime ago!

I really must get stuck into aquascape videography at some point. Not sure the missus would agree though - it would probably turn into another obsession! :)

I looked for some algae and found none. This must have been created by the gods.

Back