• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

TDS of London Tap Water

350ppm is quite normal for London. We did measure 220ppm yesterday and double checked with 2 tds meters just in case. Really interesting. Will keep an eye if it changes back.
I think 350 is ok for most fish and even shrimp. Taste wise I have tasted tap water in at least 10 countries and can tell you London tap does taste best. I don't believe in all that crap to drink bottled water. Just a marketing thing if you ask me. :D

I get 300 on my tap water, east london.

I now use a RO unit to drop it to 20, an do a 50% tap mix water change.

About tasting water.. Yuk, london tap is pretty manky.

Really cold I can get 320, but once settled to room temp its seem to rise, to 350.

Rain water is the way toward for me, but not had much of late, which is nice. But not if you actually need it lol

Piece-of-fish said:
350ppm is quite normal for London. We did measure 220ppm yesterday and double checked with 2 tds meters just in case. Really interesting. Will keep an eye if it changes back.
I think 350 is ok for most fish and even shrimp. Taste wise I have tasted tap water in at least 10 countries and can tell you London tap does taste best. I don't believe in all that crap to drink bottled water. Just a marketing thing if you ask me. :D

ghostsword said:
I get 300 on my tap water, east london.

I now use a RO unit to drop it to 20, an do a 50% tap mix water change.

About tasting water.. Yuk, london tap is pretty manky.

Not sure how you guys are managing 300 or even under??? I am in Stratford, and doubt the water would be much different localish? 220 would be ideal. Once in tank it rises to 450 ish (assume its subtrate, cat litter), which isnt so bad as the fish seem fine however maybe rain water of the 17ppm in a 20% water change would bring that right down in a nano. I would be happy with 300 in all honesty.

Hi all,
Taste wise I have tasted tap water in at least 10 countries and can tell you London tap does taste best. I don't believe in all that crap to drink bottled water. Just a marketing thing if you ask me
Piece-of-fish, I salute you are a true Londoner, I don't think any-one else is ever going to say that about London tap water, but I do agree about bottled water being a rip off. Personally I really like to drink our tap water (Corsham, Wilts), not much chlorine, or anything else, other than the chalk, it really is "sweet water".
Really cold I can get 320, but once settled to room temp its seem to rise, to 350.
Conductivity rises with increasing temperature, the quoted values should all be at "standard temperature" = 25oC.

cheers Darrel

dw1305 said:
Hi all,
Taste wise I have tasted tap water in at least 10 countries and can tell you London tap does taste best. I don't believe in all that crap to drink bottled water. Just a marketing thing if you ask me
Piece-of-fish, I salute you are a true Londoner, I don't think any-one else is ever going to say that about London tap water, but I do agree about bottled water being a rip off. Personally I really like to drink our tap water (Corsham, Wilts), not much chlorine, or anything else, other than the chalk, it really is "sweet water".
Conductivity rises with increasing temperature, the quoted values should all be at "standard temperature" = 25oC.

cheers Darrel

London or hard water tastes cooller IMO as is more chilled/ICED where as soft water does always taste warmish to me or IMO.

Back