• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Fairly urgent help needed.. Co2 Regulator (m001) Problems.

Hey guys,

Ive had a suspected 'Leak' for a while now and Ive got round to finding it.
Its exactly where I thought it would be too.

Its the fact that where the solenoid screws into the Regulator, The small bead of silica looks slightly damaged.
I have no idea why they havent used 'O' rings but would this be possible to Fit an 'O' Ring to, Or should I contact JBL?

Heres a pic;

cb89b63d.jpg

See how I could possibly fit an 'O' Ring to end of Solenoid Valve?

2e5b105d.jpg

And does anyone know where I can buy one of the black plastic valve shutoffs ; Pictured above the 2 gauges in the center. I Screwed the thread up when Checking this ; (top of pic)

12245ab9.jpg

Failing a solution, This could be going at the Mini M at speed.
As I'm getting a little annoyed with JBLs spare parts and 'DETAILED' Diagram availability. :twisted:

Thanks for help in advance, :thumbup:

Re: Fairly urgent help needed.. Co2 Regulator (m001) Problem

Exactly the same problem i had a year or so back mate.... basically JBL wont help and as far as im aware they dont do a replacement part that would solve it.... got to have emailed them 50 times with no reply.

When i done various searches it basically came back that the unit is just scrap so im assuming there isn't a solution to the problem.

Btw JBL do use the o'ring method nowadays, the silicon bead was used on the older style reg's

I know it wasn't much help lol.... but thought i would give you the info i was basically given.

Is there a silicon bead from another manufacturer you could use ?

And I might have misunderstood, but would PTFE tape help ?

Wow. So Ive got some expensive Scrap metal. Ive emailed them,
but no doubt they will be horrendous at getting back to me, if you've had the same problem.

Little bit gutted. Yet another thing to buy again :(

Chris, its right at the bottom, where you would expect an O ring to be.
I might purchase an O ring that fits and see how I get on.

Nothing to Loose but my arms.. :lol:

i had same problem mate reg was stil under warranty so after my lfs got 3 in that stil didnt work i used some thredseal from halfords gas fitter at work recomended it when i asked about using ptfe tape as for the little black screw let me ask my lfs manager next time im in there he may have a faulty reg he can take one off they do have a few returned btw my reg hasnt leaked for over 12 months now so worth a go

Hey tim,

Thanks for the reply, Ive purchased a pack of rubber seals via ebay, but i might go to B&Q tomorrow and see if they have one that fits the end then PTFE tape it aswell. That would be great mate if you could :) I get so angry with the stuff that is meant to be 'the best' and it not being able to be repaired.

Waste of money :(

ptfe can disitergrate because of the gas apparently mate could block the reg and cause problems sure b&q will do thread seal or thread weld in their plumbing section know what you mean about the best not being repairable let u know if i have any luck with that plastic valve good luck with it mate

Ok Tim thanks for that,
Although, with Thread seal, I would be worried I messed it up, and if my solenoid went bang in future I would be knackered and would need a new Reg too :O

I would go with a o ring. looks like you have just enough of a shoulder on the body of the reg for it to seat into if you can get one thin enough. local dive shop will be your best bet, just take the whole thing down to them they will have loads of spare o rings and you /they could dry fit a few first to make sure you get a good fit

Hey Rebus,

Measured the end of the Valve, and its 8mm. so ordered a pack of O rings that start from 2mm and go up to 12mm.
with a 2mm wall. Hopefully the 7-8mm will fit, but it'll be tight. :)

sounds like it should work, just don't over tighten it otherwise you run a risk of popping the o ring out of it's seat, its on the low pressure side so you only really need to just nip it up.
hope it works out for you.

Stu.

Hi all
tim said:
ptfe can disitergrate because of the gas apparently mate
This is highly unlikely. PTFE tape is virtually bullet proof as far as chemical attack is concerned. It is highly unlikely that CO2 will disintegrate it.
I have used the stuff on Hydrochloric, Sulphuric and even Nitric acid pipework installations and that Nitric acid is seriously nasty stuff. The other two are not to be messed with either. So a bit of carbonic acid (if any should be present) should be a walk in the park for PTFE.
Personally, I would use the PTFE tape on the thread and have done with it. Done properly it won't leak and will last a lifetime :D

I use PTFE on all of my CO2 connections and never had any problem. It is strange that you guys have trouble with JBL stuff. I use only JBL regulators for my CO2 as I found them to be exceptionally reliable and fairly low cost compared to some other brands.
The JBL company it self is rubbish. It is really difficult to communicate with them.

Hi whitey89

Whitey89 said:
Thanks ceejay, i dont know if tim was referring to ptfe shredding with thread?
I thought he said "because of the gas" :?

Whitey89 said:
Okay well I will drop a well lubed 7 ID rubber in and then PTFE it.
You really shouldn't need the O ring, but if it gives you peace of mind, go ahead and use it. It won't do no harm.

Whitey89 said:
Failing that its thread seal
A lot of the better products on the market branded as 'thread seal' are liquid PTFE anyway ;)

Aquadream
Aquadream said:
I use PTFE on all of my CO2 connections and never had any problem. It is strange that you guys have trouble with JBL stuff. I use only JBL regulators for my CO2 as I found them to be exceptionally reliable and fairly low cost compared to some other brands.
The JBL company it self is rubbish. It is really difficult to communicate with them.
You shouldn't need PTFE tape on joints where there is an 'O' ring or sealing washer making the seal.
Have to agree with you on the reliability. One of my regs is a JBL. It's been running for three and a half years now and still working perfectly.
Just glad I never had to contact them by the sounds of it :D

Back