• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

[NANO] Fluval Flora 30l

I reckon that answers the question "why did it warrant breaking the tank down" lol. YUKKIE

AAB said:
Wow, that is gross. I don't think I am ever going to open my windows again.
Nothing to do with open windows, most likely came has an egg on plants purchased.

LondonDragon said:
AAB said:
Wow, that is gross. I don't think I am ever going to open my windows again.
Nothing to do with open windows, most likely came has an egg on plants purchased.

Scary thinking about it. Times like that you want a big fish to make a meal of the dragonfly.

Managed to kill the larvae, two of them in the end, now planted the tank again and added some new shrimp to the tank :) Decided to give these guys another try, these are aquarium bred and not wild caught so hopefully will have better results with them, couple videos:

Thanks for looking! :)

I love those little guys would love to keep some. Where did you get them and how long have you had them? Are you using RO water etc? Questions questions... Specs please Paulo

Paulo those shrimp are simply stunning !!! Where do you live and what time of day are you out ? LOL

Eboeagles said:
I love those little guys would love to keep some. Where did you get them and how long have you had them? Are you using RO water etc? Questions questions... Specs please Paulo
I have had these for about 3 weeks now, was looking for them that's when I spotted the dragonfly larvae which might have eaten 5-6 of them, could not find them all when I emptied the tank :( expensive snacks! The rest are doing well now, I am keeping them on normal tap water at the moment since they are tank bred on tap water, but I might need in future to really breed them to result to RO and minerals. Will see.

Antipofish said:
Paulo those shrimp are simply stunning !!! Where do you live and what time of day are you out ? LOL
Thanks and there was me thinking of inviting you over at the next meeting! lol

Westyggx said:
Great vids, what plants have you got in there Paulo
Thanks, various species of anubias, would name them if I remembered them all lol some ferns and also bolbits, there are some mosses going in later, decided to make the rocks more visible now as the Sulawesi love the rocks and that way I can see them more often, they have been very shy and hide a lot, but over the last week they have been venturing out more and more which is nice to see.

Hi Paulo,
lovely looking shrimp.
Are you intending dosing this tank with ferts or liquid carbon at all or keeping it really low tech?
Cheerio,
Ady.

Ady34 said:
Hi Paulo,
lovely looking shrimp.
Are you intending dosing this tank with ferts or liquid carbon at all or keeping it really low tech?
Cheerio,
Ady.
Hi Ady,
Like my other two nanos, this is low tech and not ferts or CO2 are planned, I might add some TPN+ occasionally but no plans for the time being, hence the choice of plants. Cheers

So how about water changes? Would they work in a nano high tech set up?

I'm going to be watching you and your cardinals closely as they have been my favourites for a long time and I would love to have some!

Did you ship them from Germany ? Or have you got a secret supplier in the UK?

We need to have another ADC meet or something soon so I can quizz you all night long!

Eboeagles said:
So how about water changes? Would they work in a nano high tech set up?
I'm going to be watching you and your cardinals closely as they have been my favourites for a long time and I would love to have some!
Did you ship them from Germany ? Or have you got a secret supplier in the UK?
We need to have another ADC meet or something soon so I can quizz you all night long!
Water changes are done 10% per week at the moment, Sulawesi shrimp don't like big changes in parameters so they must be kept to a minimum, they tend to like high PH 7.5 or above, an high tech tank due to CO2, fertile soil, etc.. tends to lower the PH so I would not recommend these. I have plain gravel in this tank and dragon stone.
Another UKAPS member ordered them not me, not sure if they are from Germany or France lol was just happy to have them lol
Once tanks settle I don't visit stores much until I rescape, but if there is a meet I am happy to come along ;)

Ok Paulo thanks for the info. Typically as I've gone hi tech on both my tanks now they are out of the question. One day they will be mine.

Totally understand the avoiding shops thing, this is an addictive hobby and there is always something else to try and buy!

Eboeagles said:
Ok Paulo thanks for the info. Typically as I've gone hi tech on both my tanks now they are out of the question. One day they will be mine.

Totally understand the avoiding shops thing, this is an addictive hobby and there is always something else to try and buy!

Go without your wallet, then you can look without risk, hehe.

(Sorry for the off topic comment Paulo, hehe)

sr20det said:
Been a while for this also, blimey. Time flies.
Will try to get an update in here, the Cardinals have now bred twice so there are some little shrimplets around, they yellows are breeding slowly but they are increasing in numbers too. The background came loose from the back and due to being polyester just few up in the air and scared the crap out of me lol so that is now gone also due to installing it back means a tear down and not prepared for that again after the dragonfly larvae. Will see if I can get some photos.

Back