• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hi, back again

james3200

Hello All

Been since 2009/10 when I was last on here where I had a journal of my discus tank - http://ukaps.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f= ... &start=260

In 2010 my work kept me away from the office a lot and in 2011 me and my future wife had a little girl, so the tank naturally, was put on the back burner. Since I was away almost monthly for a week at a time I took the decision to sell the discus and most of the livestock, which was not easy, but I could not look after them correctly, and people in the office lost interest in the tank. The tank only managed to keep going thanks to the Aquatronica unit, performing water changes and dosing ferts / co2. I had no algae issues at all since the last update and the tank really just ran itself. Only when my ferts & co2 ran out the plants slightly lost their healthy look. For me the ADA system is the only way to go.

The good news however is that I am back and ready to set up a new design :) Since its been a few years, I need some recommendations on where to buy me some big pieces of rock, thegreenmachine/aquaessentials will be last call however as I am looking for around 100kg. Also any places that sell big bits of driftwood would be helpful.

Its really exciting to be back in the game and enjoying catching up on old members work,I have a lot of catching up to do :p

Cheers
James

Nice big tank that! Assuming you already have ideas for the scape as you are looking for a lot of rock/wood?
What are you planning for fish?

Back