• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
Re: Aquagreen (Planted page 2)

Looks sweet Ian. Really really nice mate. Going to look fab when it's filled in properly. What you planning fauna wise???

Thanks Al, i really don't know what i'm gonna be putting in fish wise...i'm gonna have a look around on fathers day. I was thinking embers *shrugs shoulders*

The side view is great to see how steeply the substrate is banked...too mimic the line of the sofa i see

Nice little touches im noticing in there too Ian, like the well placed moss squares at the rock bases and under the reaching branch where the glosso may struggle

thanks for the comment Ady, i hadn't noticed that until you pointed it out lol! See, the missus got a whole new room decorated for me to get this tank going, so it has to match!lol

yes, i have placed them in the shaded areas. I have tried to think more about the shadows and dark areas in this scape. The crypts and anubias are also in the shaded areas.

That looks cracking Ian, sure will be another stunner in a month or too.
Did you use substrate supports in the banking or just well placed hardscape mate?
I reckon Sawbwa resplendens would look ace in there

cheers Iain, the only substrate support is the rocks, they are really large, just pushed well into the substrate. The tank isn't really wide enough to use substrate supports.

I'm also open to suggestions regarding fish and they look great, i have never kept those before either.

Lol, you don't hang about do you ! Looks awesome Ian.

Thank you Chris, the other tank was shut down last week. I have been away for 5 days and ordered my plants from TGM whilst away...always think forward Chris, always thinking forward. lol

awtong said:
What a cracking start to this tank.

Andy

Ooh unfortunate use of words, LOL. Lets hope not ;) But we don't expect anything less from Mr H :) He is a master scaper.

Cheers Andy, and yes lets not hope it cracks lol.

and Chris, i am far from a master scaper...

this is really very good. Very good indeed.

That looks great already! Really love the wood placement -- looks very natural imo.

Simple choice for fish... Cardinals? Would look so good against the greenery when that fills out!

Crikey Ian ! At this rate the scape will be finished by midsummers day and you will have moved on to the next one ;) Congrats, its looking amazing.

Nice.
The plant positions along the edges of the 'pathway' are going to work great at highlighting this space and opening the scape up towards the foreground :thumbup:
Personally after my recent purchases i could see some of the deeper bodied teras in here. They look great with stems and will work well with the height of the wood...Rosy tetras are lovely, but equally something subtle like diamond tetras or lemon tetras would look awesome dancing around the pathway and amongst the branches... i know you have fun with your fish Ian and will probably surprise us all in the final decision ;)
Cheerio,
Ady.

Love these little fish. Saw some looking nice at Maidenhead Cambridge today. They look great when they catch the light and get a violet topside.

Andy

ha! I was going to suggest these green monsters. Mine never stop bickering and are prone to jumping when spooked. love em though

Gorgeous fish Ian, Great choice :) How many did you add ?

Lovely little fish Ian.
I went on a fathers day jaunt to a fish shop today and got myself a couple of new additions....some of which i had no choice in, "Daddy, the red ones are my favourites" = my soft side "ok then we'll get a couple of them"....any ideas what they are?
Cheerio,
Ady.

Ady34 said:
Lovely little fish Ian.
I went on a fathers day jaunt to a fish shop today and got myself a couple of new additions....some of which i had no choice in, "Daddy, the red ones are my favourites" = my soft side "ok then we'll get a couple of them"....any ideas what they are?
Cheerio,
Ady.

Snakeheads ? LOL

Back