• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hymenasplenium obscurum

Eboeagles

Anyone tried or have this?

Details:
5 - 10 cm height
Temp 20-30 ° C
Normal light requirement
pH 5.8 to 8
for soft and hard water to about 15 GH suited

Hymenasplenium obscurum was until recently under the name Asplenium cf normal, a recent provision that assigns spleenwort Hymenasplenium now. The species is not difficult to keep under water and is very willing many new extensions.

Looks interesting and ferny. Perfect for what I have in mind but it doesn't sound too aquatic to me...

I personally haven't tried it but I have noticed on some german shrimp sites lately so I suspect it's possibly an aquatic but with an incorrect species name attached to it.

Thanks Sparky.

Garuf said:
I personally haven't tried it but I have noticed on some german shrimp sites lately so I suspect it's possibly an aquatic but with an incorrect species name attached to it.

Indeed I saw it on Aquamoos.de - looks nice - €13.99 though so I wanted to be sure. Maybe will give it a go and let you all know.

I think you can buy with relative confidence, most german sites won't sell non-aquatics because their customers are just so clued up and wouldn't buy anything that isn't.

I keep Crepidomanes auriculatum, and I can confirm that when you Google image Hymenasplenium obscurum that the crep fern is identical. Thanks Darrel.

so anyone have any cuttings of Crepidomanes auriculatum they want to sell?

Otherwise Im going to order some of the so called Hymenasplenium obscurum and give it ago.

Back