• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Noisy Diffuser?

NeilW

Hey everyone

Its been the first time since I've used CO2 gas and I was wondering is it normal to get a whistling noise from a standard ceramic in tank diffuser? Its diffusing fine, just irritatingly noisy :lol:

Cheers,
Neil

Yes its normal, mine used to do it before i swapped to inline....but that whistles louder but has the added benefit of being in the cabinet which muffles a lot of the noise.....hope its not in your bedroom!

Ady34 said:
Yes its normal, mine used to do it before i swapped to inline....but that whistles louder but has the added benefit of being in the cabinet which muffles a lot of the noise.....hope its not in your bedroom!

Mine is audible and is in the bedroom but thankfully CO2 switched off at night :) But worried about the normal diffusers being noisy though as I have that in mind for the nano, and that wont be solenoid controlled :bored:

Cheers, so I'm not going mad! I'm using yeast co2 (yes I know...) but with a ceramic pollen glass style diffuser. I don't think it'll produce the pressure required for an inline? I think my other half isn't going to be happy!

NeilW said:
Cheers, so I'm not going mad! I'm using yeast co2 (yes I know...) but with a ceramic pollen glass style diffuser. I don't think it'll produce the pressure required for an inline? I think my other half isn't going to be happy!

LOL I think you need to tell your other half that the new CO2 kit you are about to buy was a mega bargain and only cost you £20 or you are right, they ain't gonna be happy :shh:

Back