• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Amano Shrimp to Tank Size Ratio?

LancsRick

I'm going to get some Amano shrimp to assist in dealing with my hair algae tank (which happens to have some plants and fish in there too....). It's a Trigon 190, moderately planted (planting to increase to heavy in the future).

I'm just wondering what number of Amano shrimp would a) be sustained long term in this tank (guessing LOTS), and b) be required to maintain a tank (which is more the angle I'm coming from)?

Cheers!

Cheers. I'll add 4 to start with purely to limit numbers in case my Botia Striata decide they're lunch (I've read conflicting reports online with some people have no problems, and others finding they get eaten). If there's no problem then I'll get another 6 in a week or so.

Thanks!

I'm afraid on this occasion I'm going to have to ignore the mighty Amano's suggestion!

LancsRick said:
I'm afraid on this occasion I'm going to have to ignore the mighty Amano's suggestion!
:lol: Really ? Dont blame you.

Get the biggest you can find to minimise the risk of the botias getting greedy :)

4 Amanos installed, thanks for the advice. They're big buggers aren't they?! Well, compared to Cherries!

ianho said:
Amano suggest 1 per 1 liter of water...

that would work out al lot of money!

But works wanders. Tested in 120l tank :) No algae has a chance. Then go stems and mosses so this army should not be left for long. I think amano uses them temporarily also especially to combat early diatoms.

Back