• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

SUPREME FESTIVAL OF FISHKEEPING

well what can i say the guys gave done us proud at the festival. the stand looked fantastic thanks to Bigdanne's printing wizardry and the display tank of course came together perfectly. i wont ramble on the pictures can do the talking. i know there's loads but i thought you'd want to see them all.

Entrance to the festival marquee
IMAG0007.jpg

George giving his demonstration
IMAG0008.jpg

unfortunate cloudy water due to lack of time to wash the gravel! it did clear though.
IMAG0010.jpg

Graham and George
IMAG0011.jpg

IMAG0015-1.jpg

IMAG0016.jpg

Spreading the word...
IMAG0018.jpg

Matt (Frolicsome_Flora) passing on pearl of wisdom.
IMAG0020.jpg

Plants alive donated a ton of plants to UKAPS.
IMAG0021-1.jpg

Graeme Edwards (PFK layout comp winner)
IMAG0023-1.jpg

George pondering
IMAG0024.jpg

Bigdanne
IMAG0026-1.jpg

Sam (Themuleous) and Matt (Frolicsome_Flora)
IMAG0027-1.jpg

IMAG0029-1.jpg

time for a beer..
IMAG0033.jpg

IMAG0034-1.jpg

IMAG0036.jpg

i had to leave at about 2ish so not sure if the tank had any further additions. i think it all came together nicely though, the public seemed impressed with lots of people taking an interest. loads of our leaflets were taken so hopefully we will see some more members on here shortly. the more the merrier..

Well done guys and good luck tomorrow.

Great pictures jimbooo wasn't expecting this at all.

Brilliant job guys Im amazed, the stand looks, well, outstanding, Im seriously impressed, total quality.

Great job on the tank as well boys thats a great layout right there. Is the other tank in the corner scaped today sunday sometime?

hi peter, not sure when the other tank is being done. it was just filled as i left.

your tank is on the printed wall behind if you didn't already notice. looks great.

Great work guys, looks very professional. I wish I'd been able to get down and join you, well done. You all deserve a few beers for all the effort! :lol:

it does look amazing doesnt it? :)

unfortunately, I cant make it down there today (sunday), finances just didnt permit the 180 mile round trip 3 days in a row.

Georges display tank looks amazing now its cleared, we have some amazing pics of it. The second tank will be scaped today at some point, again in front of people (hopefully).

Thanks James for putting those up! :) Ill do a bit on the news section of the site when we have all the photos collated.

Met some really very nice people on the stand, people of all experiences. But what stood out is that theyre all exactly like we are :) passionate about the hobby, even those that were inexperienced. Alot have promised to join us and say hello, so Im looking forward to them adding to the forum.

The rest of the show was quite stunning, far far bigger than I expected. The PFK stand was.. well... leaving alot to be desired shall we say. A few posters prit-sticked to a bit of board.. quite seriously shocking.

Nice to see you again James, and nice to meet you Sam (themulas) and Clive (ceg4048). We all had a few beers with Clive and chatted about the world which was cool :).

Anyway, hope today goes well folks, sorry again I cant be there.

You guys are amazing - what YOU have acheived over this last while since you started UKAPS is truly impressive, culminating with this Festival of Fishkeeping appearance.

Well done to one and all.

I wish I could have been there myself, but I have an exam tomorrow morning so it was never going to be a starter (and anyway, I have the flu :rolleyes: so it never was meant to be!) I would have loved to have gathered some of those pearls of wisdom though.

I am truly in awe of you, one and all.

ulster exile said:
You guys are amazing - what YOU have acheived over this last while since you started UKAPS is truly impressive, culminating with this Festival of Fishkeeping appearance.

Well done to one and all.

I wish I could have been there myself, but I have an exam tomorrow morning so it was never going to be a starter (and anyway, I have the flu :rolleyes: so it never was meant to be!) I would have loved to have gathered some of those pearls of wisdom though.

I am truly in awe of you, one and all.

aww, thanks Crissi :) would have been nice to see you, but there will be MANY more events! And at some point, well do one closer to you.

Weve all done well getting us to where we are now, but not only those of us that started things, without all of you the Society would be nothing at all. It was great yesterday, having any member that came along standing on the stand giving advice as well :) I cant wait to see the other pics from later on Saturday and today of course, will blow everyones socks off. I might be biased, but I do think we were the most impressive stand in the whole show, Dans work on the stand backdrop was truely stunning.

Of course, I got the dates wrong and am typing this from work. I was a bit dubious about the journey, but it looks like it would have been worthwhile.

Dan`s backdrop is excellent! Well done chaps.

Dave.

Frolicsome_Flora said:
I might be biased, but I do think we were the most impressive stand in the whole show, Dans work on the stand backdrop was truely stunning.

Funny you should say that - a member of another forum I frequent said just that - the UKAPS stand was the highlight of the show. They were pretty disappointed with the rest, but liked the stand and the presentation.

Thought you might like to hear the feedback from somebody not involved with UKAPS.

New member here, saw the stand and the display and it was amazing, have to agree it stood out from the others. I spoke to George on the stand at 9am this morning and he was very helpful , informative and promoted the site well, so here I am.

WOW guys.. that looked really slick and professional!!!

Seriously impressed.

Its making me even more keen to get together with the rest of the guys in the north west!

Excellent work by all, as said the stand was by far the best in the show, by a long way. Special well done to Dan for that. Nice to finally meet a few people from here and TFF :)

We should expect a fair bit of traffic on here now if the amount of interest is anything to go by.

Big Hi to Liz, good to have to on board :)

Once again, well done everyone well worth the effort.

Sam

Hi Liz welcome along, great to have new members joining up because of the stand at the show :D

Thanks for the welcome guys, and yes the stand was THAT impressive and so were all the people manning it. :)

Hi liz and welcome.

does anyone have any more pictues from today? i'm keen to see the tanks once the water settled. well done again guys great effort all round.

Not the best photographer but will give you an idea, this was this morning before the hoards arrived
plantedtank.jpg

minitank3.jpg

Ah ha, my mini Uwagumi, that got allot of attention from the public. It captured the imagination of many people.

It has been a great weekend. Ive just got back after a 5 hour drive, im goosed now lol.

It was great to meet people from the forums, and new people who genuinely interested in what we had to say, man, we talked lots over the weekend.

Its interesting to point out, that our stand was so professional, that we had many people asking us, " what are you shelling?", well, we said, "only the hobby". They were shocked to hear we made no money out of this, for the love of the hobby we said lol.

Great to meet Clive, John Starkey, Sam, James and any one ells if failed to add. You are all very nice people and so easy going, really good to speak to you all.

And thank you all for supporting Ukpas, and what we are trying to represent.

Theres going to be loads of pictures going up, which is very cool!

Happy days people.

lol, that little tank was ace, i have to say, having seen it in real life, that picture doesnt do it justice! there was a pair of tiny fish in there too, cant remember what now tho, but looked great anyway! :lol:

Back