• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

AdamHawk's (Natures Pool)

adamhawk

Well it's not quite a journal from day one but an insight to the progression from here on in. This tank has been set up for almost a year now. Though I do have other tanks (4 in total) this one is the one I enjoy most as its not to big yet not to small. It is a 180ltr Juwel. Please feel free to comment on the below picture, suggest, advice, even offer criticism if you feel it is needed.

*I'm not to keen on moving to much around, and the center wood has to stay put, however do you think plant's are in the wrong place? Or better suited somewhere else? Please suggest.

PICTURE ONE (1)
IMG_5051.jpg

I want to carpet one corner but cant seem to get any carpet plants to survive :( - Using sand subsrate with JBL Man some areas.

Well I'm hoping to have CO2 in the next few months, and an external filter to work alongside the Juwel one. As of tomorrow I will be dosing Flourish Excel along with TNC Complete. Any suggestions on plant layout? Or what would look nice in addition.

Echinodorus tennelus should carpet nicely in that tank even with out co2, but like mike says most carpet plants do require co2 be it pressurised or liquid. I think the wendelov would look good tooked behind and to the right of the anubias then add some more plants in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, keep comments and suggestions coming, I shall see about moving my vallis and "hairgrass"? at the weekend to allow the wendelov to go in the corner next to the filter behind the anubias. But then where to put the vallis and "hairgrass"? on the othr side behind the wall is two crypts doing very well and three amazon swords, not doing well atm.

I went to move the Wendelov to the corner today, but the opposing corner the swords seem to be happier and growing new leaves and rooting extremely well and since the vallis died of I've noticed more shoots coming up so will not move it for time being, all of comments and suggestions are greatly welcomed.

Still looking for suggestions on layout, comments etc. I have made a few changes these last few days, small but should take effect once all grows a bit more.

Picture Two (2)
IMG_5066.jpg

What is the official name for hairgrass? and is it a foreground or background plant?

adamhawk said:
What is the official name for hairgrass? and is it a foreground or background plant?
Depends which type you get mate, Eleocharis parvula or Eleocharis aciculara are good forground plants, then theres the E.Vivipara which grows really tall.

Edit: Sarah just got in their :lol:

Excellent. I shall look into getting some. Keep suggestions coming please.

Alastair said:
adamhawk said:
Depends which type you get mate, Eleocharis parvula or Eleocharis aciculara are good forground plants, then theres the E.Vivipara which grows really tall.

Edit: Sarah just got in their :lol:

Tee hee :lol:

Going to go for either Hairgrass or Echinodorus Tenellus at front with some Cyperus Helfer at the back.

Back