• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

how can i keep plants alive for a day

rehman73

Hi i just got a delivery of Blyxa japonica through the post today,how can i keep the plant alive for a day il be planting tomorrow on my day off.Thanks

I would put it in a clear jug of near to tank temperature water as you can, in daylight even better - this can be prone to melting during transit, so every little bit helps :thumbup:

I did that once without thinking and it was shrimp carnage. Must have had pesticides all over them. :(

san-ho-zay said:
I did that once without thinking and it was shrimp carnage. Must have had pesticides all over them. :(

im assuming he knows the source if he is planting tomorrow, but you are right to be wary of pesticides and shrimp... tropica and aquafleaur all the way. :thumbup:

Hi been abit of a dissapointment my plants havent arrived today as Tgm was out of stock and they sent me an email which i didnt check as it was in my junk mail.hopefully might get them tomorrow if not then Monday.so i cant do anything until then.The Blyxa i have allready started to go yellow so what i have done is iv planted it into the tank and kept the ada soil moist is their anything else i could do to keep the plant alive untill i get the rest of the plants?

You could fill your tank temporarily. Its an edge isnt it so wont take a lot to empty again when the rest arrive. Or do as Gary said and put it in a jug of water.

I did have it in a jug Ady in the window but started going yellow,i really wanted to plant the tank up with all the plants in at once,il see how it goes at the moment if the plant dont improve then il flood the tank.thank

Back