• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Elatine hydropiper

I have limited experience. It is fine with lower temps, surprisingly it doesnt require CO2, I had it growing decently in ADA Amazonia I on a 80 liter with 55 wats of lighting and no CO2. That said, I think you need to add CO2 to get the best out of it. You will want a fine substrate to hold it down before it roots, unless you dry start, and it likes bright lighting.

Ive been keeping hydropiper on top of my hob filter and it seems to have grown in quite well.

Also keeping in a take away tub amd its spread well.

mlgt said:
Ive been keeping hydropiper on top of my hob filter and it seems to have grown in quite well.

Also keeping in a take away tub amd its spread well.
Cheers mlgt.
Any chance of a swap for some plantlets?
hoggie

I can spare a small amount if need be. PM me what you have in mind. It took me 3 months to nurse mine to health as it arrived in bad condition :)

Can i ask you guys a Q regarding it rather than make a separate thread?....

How well does this spread and does it stay low... ie ground cover like HC or glosso.... was contemplating using HC but something a little different from the norm might be nicer.

Cheers guys

Back