• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Best Place for diffuser

belly259

Hi guys, got my co2 setup running now, using a spray bar along the rear of 125litre tank, noticed although co2 seems to be getting about, its more in certain areas.

Is the Co2 diffuser better being next to outlet pipe back into filter, then distributed through Spray. Or will the co2 be weaker by the time it goes through filters and so on.

Filter is a Fluval 305 ext, Also what is best to block up some holes on spray bar to increase flow ?

Thxs john

The longer the CO2 is trapped in the water the better it will disolve. I would try putting the diffuser under the filter inlet and see how it goes.

davem said:
The longer the CO2 is trapped in the water the better it will disolve. I would try putting the diffuser under the filter inlet and see how it goes.
I am no expert but don't you need to be careful about running co2 through the inlet incase you get a gas build up inte filter? Or is that just canisters?

Your running a canister. Well be careful of gas build up. I would try making your own reactor They don't cost a great deal to make and people seem to get good results

jamesb said:
I am no expert but don't you need to be careful about running co2 through the inlet incase you get a gas build up inte filter? Or is that just canisters?

I'm no expert either :lol: but many people use this method on here without any adverse effects.

I'd try it out first, if the filter gets noisy or starts to burp then maybe try something else.

As already stated and speaking from experience it's fine to place the diffuser under the intake but it may cause an air lock or co2 burps occasionally. I did this on my tetra tecs and also my fx5s with no problems from the fx5s especially as the impellor is at the base of the filter but got lots of co2 burps from the tetra tecs.
As for the spray bar, you could use some aquarium sealant over every other hole etc, that way should you want to open them back up its just a case of picking out the sealant

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When u place the diffuser under the intake and the co2 gets sucked into the filter dont the bacteria die? I m saying this because i did this and i saw some cyanobacteria forming on the grabel. Might this be the reason?

Jaap said:
When u place the diffuser under the intake and the co2 gets sucked into the filter dont the bacteria die? I m saying this because i did this and i saw some cyanobacteria forming on the grabel. Might this be the reason?

This was asked a while ago and I think the outcome was that it doesnt affect the bacteria inside at all as there is still oxygen in the water going into the filters at the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back