• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Internal prefilter help

nduli

Guys setting up a new tank in the garage to try and breed on a few crystal red shrimp. I have an old eheim canister already running in there and have been looking at various prefilter options.

Has anyone considered / tried / succeeded in adapting these as the pre-filter inside the tank? I want something the shrimp will graze on and prevent being sucked up. (am aware of other options on this such as filter gauge and steel prefilters from china.)

http://www.hueyhung.com.tw/E/body.php?web=11&FNo=111

I am thinking of connecting up somehow ro the inlet directly. Any idea on the best way?

A cube of coarse sponge seems a popular choice (never tried it myself). Just wedge it over the intake pipe.

LancsRick said:
A cube of coarse sponge seems a popular choice (never tried it myself). Just wedge it over the intake pipe.

Yeah I know that trick, got similar setup on my nano in kitchen but want something more robust on garage setup. These are the filters used by alot of discus breeders but don't just want to run with an air pump want a big filter to suck thru it.

Back