• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Rob's 300L Perigean Beach

Re: Rob's 300L (to be named)

Yes Rob your journal turns into light discussion :)
I was just pointing which is the ideal light plant and photography wise. All have their benefits. I do start to use leds as well.

pariahrob said:
Now look what I've started!

Personally I think all different setups have their strengths and weaknesses, which is why I've found it so hard to decide.

I was also thinking about this from a photographers point of view and I really think the T5 and MH combo is the way to go. I can mix and match as I need to and if I need an extra blast I can stitch on the MH. That will easily let me work at lower ISOs which will be good, specially as these photos are for print. With my studio lights I'll be working with over 1000W.

So, finally, the decision has been made. I can sleep well tonight!

Thanks all!

Glad you've come to a decision mate, I still haven't and I've got my set-up :oops: . Waiting 'till I get back from holiday before I start but I'm still undecided on lighting. For me it's been the most difficult decision I've got to make so far for my new set-up.

I really can't wait to see your tank when it arrives. I was so pleased when mine came, the quality of their products is superb, I've spoken to their sales director a few times and they are confident that the quality is as good if not better than ADA. Now I wouldn't know as I've never had an ADA tank but the NA stuff is amazing.

Any idea on whether you're getting the new style cabinet, not yet shown on the website?

Cheers
Dan

Piece-of-fish said:
Antipofish said:
Ed you misunderstood me. The flexibility I was talking about was as follows:

With the ATI unit (which is a T5 unit), the flexibility if using different spectrum tubes.

I see then. I was thinking you refer to dimming more.

Lol no worries, my post was probably a bit ambiguous. Wouldnt it be great though if we had a light which incorporated the spectral range of the Ecotech Radion, as well as the electronic control, at the cost of a T5 luminaire, with the design of something like the NA sun units. :lol: Because that would solve all our problems :thumbup:

Rob glad you have made your decision and look forward to seeing the pics of the new lights ON TUESDAY (well you did say you can order them and get them next day delivery haha so you have set yourself up there ;) )

Here's the set up with the external pump
2012-05-07%20at%2020-37-35.jpg

So I just use the Eheim 3000 compact pump to drive the inline heater and CO2, and that keeps the filter loop free of any flow restricting gubbins. Seems to work well. There’s no clogging at all.

Well I just got a text from my mrs saying that an enormous box has been delivered for me. I'm stuck in the magazine office for most of today but fingers crossed.

It's her birthday soon. Maybe it's the pony I got her! :?

This is going to be a slooow day.

pariahrob said:
A bit thanks to eboeagles. A nice big box of manzi arrived today. Lovely wood and itching to get scaling now!

Wasn't a pony after all!

Scaling? That doesn't sound very pleasant! :lol:

Hope you're going to post some pics soon?

The suspense on your journal is killing me Rob!

Desperate to see some pics of what you have planned.

Your going to be spoilt for choice on the wood for a start - forget the rocks manzi only tank!

Argh! Sarah! autocorrect got the better of me again. I meant scaping!

Eboeagles - me too! I need this weeks deliveries to arrive asap, so I can get started! You're right about the wood. Some lovely pieces there. The biggest of them is beautiful!

Cheers

Nice piece of Manzi. I have a few from Eboeagles for my rescape too. I hopefully have a box winging its way from the USA too!

Getting itchy feet and this journal isn't helping all that much!

Andy

Hehe! Sorry Sarah. I went a bit carry on there.

More goodies arrived today. gUSH this time. a nice glass hang on 10mm thermometer, which I forgot to photograph plus a bubble counter and a drop checker.

Bubble counter: I've not tried on like this before and I like the look. Funnily, last night I was wondering how far away from the tank it would need to be but they thought of that. One side is flat. Good design!

7543497432_6fd218f86e.jpg

Drop Checker: I went for this design just to try it out really. It's not as versatile, so I all probably get a standard one as well (which I can put lower in the water) but it's attractive and easy to get at and clean.

7543498122_f4e59916df.jpg

My 2kg Fire Extinguisher turned up today as well, so looking forward to getting that all setup, hopefully without doing myself any damage in the process!

Now all I need is a tank, stand, light and off I go!

Did you hear that NA have got such a backlog of aquarium orders that all current orders are on a six week delay at the moment ? :wideyed:

pariahrob said:
I hadn't heard that but mine is apparently on a truck making its way here now, so fingers crossed!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Was just joshin ya mate ;)

But I bet you checked the tracking details :clap: :clap: :clap:

Back