• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Rob's 300L Perigean Beach

Re: Rob's 300L (to be named)

pariahrob said:
What a calming way to prepare for a good night's sleep! :twisted:

and yes I did! All is :thumbup:

Well with a fancy set up like that you need a little stress :p

pariahrob said:
It's stressful enough just waiting for it all to arrive!
:lol: MY heart bleeds ;) It will be fantastic when its all there though. I am almost as excited to see it all up and running as you are :)

Oh I doubt that!

I have started thinking about stock now. I have a reasonable idea of what the scape will be like so had a good wander round looking at options.

I'm thinking a nice shoal of rummy nose tetras, a few corydoras sterbai, a small plec and either discus or angels (mrs wants angels, I'd choose discus).

Tracking info looks like the tank is now in the country!

I like sterbai. You obviously have similar expensive taste to me; have you considered Adolfoi ? I thought Discus can be a pain in the butt with plants sometime ?

Rob's 300L (to be named)

Adolfi, rmt, and discus......... That's my dream tank there. I think they would look awesome together.

easerthegeezer said:
check out corydoras duplicareus rob ;)
I vote discus rather than angels unless altums then im on the fence :lol: discus does limit plant choice though...

Just googled these Iain, they look same as Adolfoi. Whats the catch ? Are they ten times the price or are they a cheaper alternative ?

Ooh ooh ooh!

7555041232_dfd5434bc4_m.jpg

I like the orange flash on the adolfi but I'm more drawn to the sterbai right now. I'm still reading up on discus in a planted tank. I have a while before I'd get them but for now what are the main plants to avoid with them? Other than plants that like hard water?

YAY! My new setup is here. I had a horrible moment as I watched the truck driver tip the pallet over but everything has been inspected and is fine. It was all very well packaged in polystyrene and mdf.

Great collection of bits and it's lovely to have a big tank. The glass is the clearest I've ever seen. Makes my ADA cube garden look a bit green! sealant is neatly applied and is also very clear. It's not quite as perfect as ADA but very close.

The cabinet is a joy. Lovely finish. I have the black wood grain in the new spray painted finish. Glossy and smooth. Very well constructed, with soft close doors, which push to open. I like clean lines, so this suits me perfectly as it has no handles.
Inside is also in sprayed finish. It has a draw top left, a slide out tray middle left and the right side has a full slide out floor.
The holes for the hoses to pass through have been redesigned too and are now vertical slots, which makes a lot of sense as filter hoses aren't all that flexible. Hole in the rear on either side at the bottom, for power cables.

I also got the light stand which is beautifully made with nicely engineered cable clips and all in stainless steel. Very nice indeed!

On top of that I got a whole load of extra goodies, from lily pipes and substrate (48 litres - still not enough!) to ferts and additives.

All in all a really nice setup. Lights are coming tomorrow as is a black background. One they are arranged I'll grab some rocks and more soil and start playing with hardscape. I've a pretty good idea of what I'm going to do.

Photos to follow a bit later!

Antipofish said:
easerthegeezer said:
check out corydoras duplicareus rob ;)
I vote discus rather than angels unless altums then im on the fence :lol: discus does limit plant choice though...

Just googled these Iain, they look same as Adolfoi. Whats the catch ? Are they ten times the price or are they a cheaper alternative ?

so they do, no idea of the difference then... :crazy:

pretty exciting now mate, look forward to seeing it all unpacked.

Hi Rob.... WHOO HOO !!! :D Can't wait to see the pics. It sounds like Christmas came early for you. Re the Corys.. One thing to bear in mind that I found with my sterbai ... I felt they "blended in" a lot when using dark substrate. I cannot remember what you said you were doing with yours but its worth bearing in mind. And maybe go for a mix if you are keen on the Sterbai's still. Both spp are not cheap so it would be a shame not really to see them stand out. Anyway, get snapping and lets see a bit of a doco on the unpacking and setup stages too :)

I'll be taking lots of snaps over the next few days and yes, it feels like christmas!

I'm going to have a reasonable area of sand, which I'm hoping will let them shine a bit. Such cool little fish.

Here's a little peak at what is in my cabinet door:

7556873826_ec31aa8d1e_m.jpg

There is plenty more to come!

You little teaser Rob ! thats not a cabinet, its a shop shelf !!! You got more stuff in there than some pet shops ! LOL

Back