• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
Re: Tom's Bucket O' Mud - All change!

now that is different.

Re: Tom's Bucket O' Mud - Stumpy

Sad to see this stripped down, but that's a huge change and will look just as good no doubt.

I demand more pictures!

love the difference in the 2 set-ups, very interested to see how this new set-up turns out :)

good work Tom, keep on inspiring us :)

Cheers chaps. More photos will come once the water has cleared... this scape should hopefully have a lot of depth so want to get the view crystal clear - the teaser shot is just a 12" view from one of the back corners.

easerthegeezer said:
This looks mighty interesting Tom! Love the wood, very atmospheric! What happened to all the trifids etc..
Cloudy soup is quite impressive.

Currently trying to figure out which, if any, of the riaprian plants I'm going to keep. I'm trying out a couple of native pond plants - Hippuris vulgaris and Equisetum somethingorother - as emergents this time.

I am sorry Tom but this is the first time I have completely read your journal from the first page to the very last. I used to just admire your pictures before that. The interest was rekindled after reading Alaistair's journal. I must say,..that I am speechless & that's just saying the least. The patience that was required of you in maintaining such a tank must have been phenomenal.

The new scape is amazing. :D I love the depth that you have created. Looking forward to seeing more new pictures.

Thanks Faizal - I think the patience was made easier by the fact that I'm away from home nearly 50% of the time. However, with only one more field trip to go I've been chomping at the bit to do something different with it. In an ideal world I'd have left it running as a self-sustaining setup and bought another tnak, but I would literally have been hung up by my testicles if I did that :lol:

Annoyingly the rescape is taking forever to clear, might be a while before I get more photos.

I long long journals, especially when this journal feels like its as much about the tank and how its used, think you need a new tank before a new journal :lol: Maybe a little index on page one...
Looking forward to the release of new pics :angelic:

keep the journal going :)

I'd be tempted to start a new journal but then again this has been a very inspirational thread and one that I've never tired of reading so in a sense if kept running it would be great to see the tank going through two very different transformations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back