• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

L046 Pleco

jamesb

I have decided I am saving up for one! Then maybe a partner who knows baby's would be good ;). Does anyone on here know of a breeder. I have seen some advertised elsewhere but prices vary greatly and at least if someone on here recommends someone. I know I would be buying good stock. I am not rushing into this will prob be a few months before I have the money(penny pot or something bills come first!:(.)

don't do zebs myself but I know several breeders you'll pay through the nose though think zeb babies are running at 100-150 atm females even higher as they're less common

best bet is to check the pleco groups on facebook(spit) aquarist classifies and the for sale sections on plecoplanet and planetcatfish

I have been chatting to a bloke who keeps them and he reckons they are very shy feeders and don't do well in a community as they wont compete for food. So slowly starve :(. Think I may reevaluate. I wouldn't do that to a fish I payed £1 let alone £150

jamesb said:
I have been chatting to a bloke who keeps them and he reckons they are very shy feeders and don't do well in a community as they wont compete for food. So slowly starve :(. Think I may reevaluate. I wouldn't do that to a fish I payed £1 let alone £150

Very sounds advice from the seller aswell mate.... they also require very high temps (basically discus temps).... not sure if you planned it in a planted tank but from my understanding plants dont fair well at such higher temps.

Back