• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

120 x 55 x 55cm 'On the sea shore'

Re: 120 x 55 x 55cm 'On the sea shore'

Went out to see Mark yesterday and saw the old 120 that has been set up with hardscape for a while, Mark had a mess around with the hardscape while i was there and has come up with something really really good. It looks amazing and i hope he can get some pics to do the size of the hardscape justice. Also got a peak of the 1-2 grow range and Marks planting ideas, TBH this one is probably gonna be his best one yet, and i'm not just saying that as a friend.

was also good to see the plant farm (90cm), there must be near one £200 worth of plants in there that look immaculate.

well done mate!

Re: 120 x 55 x 55cm 'On the sea shore'

Thanks Ian, and was real good to see you.

I'm currently stress testing the wheels and the tank as a whole. Even when full, and at about 500kg, the tank still moves on wheels...very easily.

There's no visible signs of stress on the cabinet, but then I knew there wouldn't be. It's pretty much bomb proof.

I'll leave it running for 24hrs to see what happens, but I'm happy.

There's more wood to go in, so be too alarmed.

7631230764_62ea17ed0d_b.jpg
stress-test by saintly's pics, on Flickr

I have dilemmas, as the 90 is running but houses all of my live stock. I've a ton of 'juggling' to do.

As Ian mentioned the 90cm is full of plants which I'll be giving away sometime soon.

Re: 120 x 55 x 55cm stress testing

Looks great, be good to see those shrimp on the foreground as well. Only need s a couple more bit of wood mate and you'll have cracked it.

The pics don't do this justice IMO, it looks like a monster in real life.

that looks sublime in its proportions. i dont know what the golden rules are but this is awsome.

Very nice Mark.
Great to see this one on its way :thumbup:
Sometimes you look at hardscapes and think that they dont even need plants, just a nice group of appropriate fish...this is one of them, will be even better with plants though :thumbup:
Given the huge amount of seiryu stone and relitively small amount of aquasoil do you ever consider fish choices with relation to what the water chemistry may be like? I know you probably havnt thought that far ahead yet, but it may be quite high in mineral content/hardness without the buffer of a full base active soil substrate. Just curious is all?
Cheerio,
Ady.

Thanks guys.

Ady, yes mate, the water parameters are going to be off the scale I think. The aquasoil is re-used so the normal properties of the stuff may well have depleted. I may even test the water to see the hardness.

After 24 hours of running, the tank is just fine. No distortion, bowing or any visible signs of stress.

Now, I need to start getting plants sorted, and moss from the 90cm prepared for this tank.
somethingfishy said:
would not trust myself with something similar you should see me with a shopping trolley!!

:lol:

pariahrob said:
Damn! That looks awesome as it is! You must be so excited about planting it up! I know I am excited about seeing it!

Thanks mate

darren636 said:
that looks sublime in its proportions. i dont know what the golden rules are but this is awsome.

Cheers Darren. I dont really pay much attention to the golden ratio, but i guess yes, it does conform somewhat.

ianho said:
The pics don't do this justice IMO, it looks like a monster in real life.

It is kinda lost in the pic. It is rather beastly in real life. :lol:

Welcome back Mark,....!!! :D Good to see you back in action. Can't wait to see lots & lots of more pics :D It's looking really sweet,... :D

Greenery! great stuff, really looking forward to seeing the planting.

keep up the good work, glad your enjoying yourself :)

Thanks for the feedback.It's nice to be part of normal life again.

Gary Nelson said:
what substrate are you using at the front?

It's a cheap gravel form homebase. I think cost about £3.00 for a big bag.

I'm working in a different way, adding plants with water in....or at least the moss. Tanks take on a different perspective when full of water, and sometimes show the 'reality' of perspective and depth.

A few more moss stones and that part is done.

7644401408_4f749841b2_b.jpg
moss-end by saintly's pics, on Flickr

looks lovely mate, it must have taken you an age to do all those stones.

Back