• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
Re: Ryuoh Lagoon [Growing in Period]

Glad it worked Nat.. and you are future proofed for a bigger tank too :thumbup:

(I'd have swapped it for my Ecco if you needed to, lol).

Filter wool will slow the flow a lot too but needs changing frequently to avoid it making the tank dirty (trust me, I know Im right here as I had that very problem... was lazy with replacing the wool and could not understand why my Purigen was not keeping the water gin clear. Threw out the filter wool (i want all the flow I can get too so dont need it for the same purpose as you) and hey presto, back to fish swimming in air :)

Haha, yeah mate I'm stoked about it.
Runs soooooo quiet its untrue. Just sucked up some of my aponogetons, like nearly all of left side ones. But Blah, I didn't like them that much anyway :lol:

Once I get that purigen, I should be running at about 400+mls with what I got from Ecco filter.

Happy Days, should be ready for livestock whenever I want :D

Okay just a speedy drop in, just constructed the spraybar out of 14/18mm acrylic.

Looks very good. Can't wait to get it in tonight. Even better is that the Eheim 16/22mm hose Spraybar End cap fits right in!! Happy Days!

56a89ecb-49c5-f4ac.jpg

56a89ecb-49d2-1f28.jpg

Crook very nearly went soo well. But creased a tad at the end:

56a89ecb-49dd-fbce.jpg

I will be jointing them internally with an L piece which means I can hang crook over back out of sight rather than at the side of tank.

Good stuff!

Hey sarah,

Yeah I'm very pleased with it! no lack of flow in the tank! with an Eheim 2078 which is rated up to 700ltr tank size. :lol:

See that oak on the floor? well hopefully with the offcuts (fingers so tightly crossed!) I will be making a solid oak cabinet but in the minimal Amano style.
Should be different, Very RAW NATURE.

The wood alone would cost upwards of £200 on a 2' Tank :eek:

Re: Ryuoh Lagoon [Invisible spraybar!]

Very nice Nath. How much did it cost you to make?

Very hard to see! I like it :D

Hey guys,

KrisHumphreys1991 said:
Very nice Nath. How much did it cost you to make?

Very hard to see! I like it :D

Well the Acrylic cost me £10.50 delivered for 1 Meter Only used 500mm on the Spraybar so in effect.

£5.25 for Acrylic
£2 for end cap?

Then for a Sheppard's crook I used the other 500mm.
And bought a 14mm internal 90 Degree Elbow like this was £3.35

plastic_90.jpg

spill50 said:
Looking good ;)

Thanks for the inspiration :)

Lol AWESOME ! Youve done a great job. Invisible spraybar held in place by black plastic suckers and with a black plastic end cap. Why do they make things so difficult in our hobby !? It looks great all the same Nath. Just need to get some clear suckers and clear end cap :) If you are that good with the plastic, I daresay you can knock that up in no time :)

Antipofish said:
Lol AWESOME ! Youve done a great job. Invisible spraybar held in place by black plastic suckers and with a black plastic end cap. Why do they make things so difficult in our hobby !? It looks great all the same Nath. Just need to get some clear suckers and clear end cap :) If you are that good with the plastic, I daresay you can knock that up in no time :)

Ha I know! I have found a good bit of information regarding clear suckers though. Will keep it under wraps for now till i can sort it ha :)

Any chance of you getting me that white powder anytime soon? :D I sniffed the last lot. Mind cleansingly good.

Need the rest of the media for the filter too. Hope that comes tomorrow! Fingers crossed ;)

I suppose if you wanted to be REALLY discreet Nath, you could always just use a dab of clear silicon rather than suckers? Just a thought...

Hey mate,

Looks great,

Just a word of warning, had those exact elbow joints on my Rena XP3 and XP4 and they reduced the flow rate, and put so much pressure on the filter that I had to scrap them.

Hope you have better luck!

Cheers fellas,

Think im going to order some more plastic an have a go at the sheppards crook again.

Have you seen anywhere that does rounded elbows like eheim but clear?

Will also buy a bending spring too ;)

HarryRobinson said:
Now if only company's such as Eheim would realise that lime green pipes don't look to pleasing to the eye and possibly consider making them out of clear acrylic!

Tell me about it 'arry.

Back