• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

120 x 55 x 55cm 'On the sea shore'

Re: 120 x 55 x 55cm stress testing

stunning mark, are you tempted to leave it as it is,. as the bare hardscaping really looks good with the mosses et

ghostsword said:
reat hardscape, and the moss at the base does a great contrast.. really good.

Thanks mate.

faizal said:
What type of mosses are they?

It's weeping moss from my 90cm. I thought i'd best put it to good use.

clonitza said:
Looks perfect mate, really like how you made the foreground.

Thanks mate. The foreground is probably the strongest part. I just hope the rear planting will live up to it.

Gill said:
are you tempted to leave it as it is

I'm am tempted. Though the planting will be quite 'light' and shouldn't smother the scape' as a whole.

This time tomorrow should seethe scape fully planted.

Mark Evans said:
This time tomorrow should seethe scape fully planted.

Now thats worth logging on for tomorrow even if it IS the first day of the Olympics :thumbup:

Lovin the rock work...looks like a natural formation, and the moss will soon appear like it has been there for years.

Antipofish said:
Now thats worth logging on for tomorrow even if it IS the first day of the Olympics

and how awesome was the opening ceremony?.....brilliant.

Troi said:
Lovin the rock work...looks like a natural formation, and the moss will soon appear like it has been there for years.

Thanks mate. I've kept the plants quite simple as to not overpower the stone arrangement.

I've planted it and now filling. The hill type effect to the right, is just how I wanted it. Wasn't too sure if it'd look OK

More pics later.

7660721668_b5afc88347_b.jpg
planted by saintly's pics, on Flickr

Re: 120 x 55 x 55cm planted with pics

very nice...nice placement of stems as well, that will do just nicely. Very natural, can't wait to see it. Will be good to see a large shoal in there.

8) ...nuff said!

Cheers chaps :D

It's my fave of all my hardscapes.

With 2 filters now running, water is spotless. I'm wondering if because i'm using old soil it's helped in keeping water clearer.

What with being able to move the tank for pictures, I'm really excited about photos of the finished scape. no back breaking manoeuvres

7662597754_8a034ed679_b.jpg
wood by saintly's pics, on Flickr

is there water in that tank? Clearly on a different level.

darren636 said:
is there water in that tank? Clearly on a different level.

It's significantly clearer than previous setups on day 1. I'm sure the fact I've used re-used aquasoil may have something to do with it.

It's gotten clearer as the day has gone on....I don't look too happy in this photo.

7663488360_972848bf75_b.jpg
scale by saintly's pics, on Flickr

Breathtaking Mark, and showing some considerable restraint with the planting. To not overwhelm the imposing hardscape.

Your intricate graded gravels are now hidden Mark!!! :lol:
...and do you keep your ferts on the radiator permanently, ive seen it a few times in your photos, or is it just coincidence? If not is there a reason for it?
Love the little hill to the right, this tank has a feeling of a coastal landscape, yet with the wood still and aquarium too.

thats more like it...this gives a better sence of the size of this thing.

ps Dan (Marks child) is 6f 8" tall <<<true story

Back