• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
Re: Aquagreen (longer vid p10)

I thought I already posted... but clearly it did not save ! Its looking great Ian, and I especially love the way the wood looks like its climbing out of the tank :) Very nice scape indeed.

Really nice scape.

Also liked the video, very calm & soothing.

Bahrah

I thought I already posted... but clearly it did not save ! Its looking great Ian, and I especially love the way the wood looks like its climbing out of the tank Very nice scape indeed.

Thanks Chris, theres some moss on that bit of wood now, just to see if i can do half emersed and half submersed.

Looks great, love the TPN shot

thank you Kris, much appreciated mate.

Nice very chilled scape to watch grow

cheers Tim, i hope it continues to grow as it is, it is taking a lot of time with trimming at present.

Really nice scape.

Also liked the video, very calm & soothing.

Thanks Barah, glad you enjoyed the video.

Looking very nice Ian ,...in just one month too . Lovely set up.

Thank you for your comment Faizal, yes, it's doing OK at the moment. Always appreciate your comments mate.

Re: Aquagreen (pearling)

The tank is pearling like a good un tonight, i have ramped the C02 up a little and it's made a load of difference. Added some 1-2 grow moss in there as well, along with some Staurogyne to break up the Glosso a little. Heres a few pics

Rotala pearling
7652108416_91a85c0c17.jpg
aquagreenpearl by Ian Holdich, on Flickr

Hydro Japan (love the reflection)
7652107620_c5894f0d68.jpg
aquagreenpearl2 by Ian Holdich, on Flickr

The Staurogyne appears to be settling well.
7652105302_17f19e9d95.jpg
aquagreenpearl3 by Ian Holdich, on Flickr

Awesome pics Ian, can you give us image stats ? lens, focal length, aperture etc ? It would be useful for rookies like me to get some hints on such accurate and crisp close up photography. :)

thanks Chris!

first pic = Canon EOS 550D, Exposure 0.008 sec (1/125), Aperture f/5.6, Focal Length 50 mm, ISO Speed 400

second pic = Canon EOS 550D, Exposure 0.02 sec (1/50), Aperture f/5.6, Focal Length 55 mm, ISO Speed 400

third pic = Canon EOS 550D, Exposure 0.008 sec (1/125), Aperture f/5.6, Focal Length 55 mm, ISO Speed 1600

and a couple of tips from Mark, regarding lighting.

Lol, you gonna share the lighting tips too ? How close were you and what lens ? :)

the first 2 were with the canon nifty 50 and the third was with the kit lens. As for lighting, it's about putting the extra light at the right angle without using flashes and stuff.

OK. I guess I will stick to trial and error and find out what angle works cos Im none the wiser, lol.

Great Pix Ian, the close up shot of the pearling is awesome. very reminiscent of one of george's old shots.

thanks Tim, i will try and get a vid done next week at some point. Thank you for the interest.

Gill, thanks mate, i'm still trying to master this camera business, it take quite a few shots to get one like that lol!

Managed to get hold of some shrimp today that were labelled as Amanos...however, i'm sure you'll all agree that they aren't amanos. They're some weird and wacky colours. A couple are buried as well. Anyone ID them?? They look like Tigers to me???

7662781330_36ddccbbf3.jpg
aquagreen+2 by Ian Holdich, on Flickr

7662785938_cf74a0cf23.jpg
aquagreen+1 by Ian Holdich, on Flickr

7662777226_1331c71492.jpg
aquagreen+3 by Ian Holdich, on Flickr

and a cheeky FTS

7662772318_75d49e5840.jpg
aquagreen+41 by Ian Holdich, on Flickr

Re: Aquagreen (Shrimp ID?)

Hybrids of some sort? Look pretty nice tho, a bit different.

Lindy

Defitintely cross bred. Weird!

Probably stronger from the cross breeding and more prolific :lol:

Evolution huh!

Looks like assorted zebra, red and blue malaya shrimp mix to me they are from India hard water region

Back